"Landon," I say softly making his head snap to mine, "what's going on? Why aren't you looking at me?"

He faked a smile. " It's nothing. I'm going to let you sleep."

He gets up to leave, but I grab his arm. The shocks spark up my arm. I sigh at this. Grateful for this pleasure.

"Please don't leave me. Tell me what's wrong." I ask in almost a commanding tone. Landon's eyes light up.

"How could you take that risk, Lily? You knew you were sick! That you didn't need to push yourself, but you did it anyway. Why do you have to be so selfless? You could have died, and that would have killed me. You want to know why? It would kill me because I let you do it. I let you because I wanted that boy in my pack to live. I didn't consider the risk enough, and I blindly let you risk your life. If you died it would have been my fault because I wasn't good enough, selfless enough."

I was speechless. I had no idea. I never thought about what would happen to Landon. The tears were rolling down my face.

"Landon," I said taking his face in my hands, "you are the most selfless man I know. You ran into a burning house to save me. If I wasn't a healer you would have died to save me. I'm so sorry. There is nothing wrong with wanting that boy to live. When we have children, I want you to put their life above mine." I state confidently. He looks at me with a small smile, and wiped my tears away.

"When we have childern?" Landon asked me with a raised eyebrow. I smirked in response.

"Oh yeah, lots and lots and-" Landon cut me off with a kiss.

The kiss was fast and needy, as if Landon tried to make up time we had missed. He backed me too the wall careful not to hurt my back. My hands slowly found their way to his hair. I let my nails lightly scratch his skin as I made my path, and I tugged on his head. He kissed me harder, and lift my thigh, so one leg was hooked on his waist.

"I would never have to choose between you and our children because I'd die trying to save you all."

He kissed down my neck and sucked on the spot where my mark would be.

"I want-" he stared but I cut him off.

"I know and you can. I'm yours forever Landon." I paused. "I love you." He growled.

"Damn right you are. I love you, pretty girl," I felt his teeth on my skin, "so much." And then I felt his teeth in my neck marking me as his.

My legs felt weak, but Landon's arm held me too him. Laying my head in his neck I felt him walk to the bed. I felt another wave of weakness. I'm so tired.

"The mark takes a lot out of you. It's perfectly normal for you to be tired." He said. I looked at him with wide eyes.

Are you in my mind?

Yes pretty girl, we are now connect by mind, but we are not by body... yet. He winked at me.

Stay with me?

Of course.

Landon laid down with me on his chest. I looked at him. He is so beautiful. His soul is so beautiful. He looks at me and he smiles.

"Go to bed." He said while chuckling.

I lie there for a while just thinking about how much I treasure these moments. When it gets tough again, I'll just think back to being here. I will hold on to the feeling of completeness.

*****-

La da la da da. Da da la da da. La da da da la. Da da la. La da da.

The pieces seemed to fit. I remember someone sining it. I can hear someone singing it. I could feel the song coming together- coldness.