Chapter 15

I didn't tell Landon about the voices. How could I tell him that without sounding completely insane. I have never felt more out of control of my own body before. On top of that, an Alpha's daughter just went missing, and a letter was sent to the family telling them the price that was to be paid. It is a story I know all to well.

However, we could use this to our advantage. It could be our way of finding their exact location. Right now, Landon, James, EJ, and I were all in Landon's office trying to work with the new information.

"They had the letter tested for prints and nothing came up in the system." James said.

"Of course nothing came up. This is not their first rodeo. They have been doing this for a long time, and have not been caught once." I exclaimed in frustration. 

What about me. Wasn't I the one to save you.  Landon said in my mind. I looked over to see a smirk on his beautiful face.

Yeah, whatever wise guy. I replied in his mind.

"Well, what did the letter say?" EJ asks.

"It basically said that they had Alice Enderman, and they sent a lock of hair as proof." I rolled my eyes at the predictable move they always pull to prove they were 'legit'. "They said the pack had two weeks to come up with 20,000 dollars, or they would kill Alice." I could tell James was about to say more, but I couldn't help but interject.

"Wait, how much did they want?" I ask.

"The note said 20,000." I was in shock.

"They have never asked for that much money before. They must really want it."

"Or they must really need it." Landon interjected from his seat behind his desk.

"That has to be why they asked for so much. What can a army of rouges that have no income and no money do? The answer is nothing. They cant survive with out money for food, weapons, and material." James said with a new lightness to his eyes. The same lightness he gets every time he discovers something new.

"And we burnt down their only building, so they have nowhere to go. They are completely vulnerable." EJ interjected.

"Well, not their only building." I whispered. I cant believe I forgot about it. This whole time and I didn't even think about it.

******
"You really have got to keeping all these secrets from me." Landon teases me as he pulls the pillows off the bed.

I peak my head out from the bathroom. My heart stops a little at his words.

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah, it would have been nice to have known about that place a few weeks ago." My heart beat slows but the guilt stays.

"I'm sorry Landy. It comes back slowly." I say patting his bare chest.

A deep growl echoes the room. His arms come around my waist crushing me to him. I have to tilt my head really far back to see him.

"Do not ever call me that."

"Why? I like it." I grin up at him.

"Mm," he mumbles tracing his mark on my neck. I close me eyes at the blissful feeling.

"It's beautiful. Isn't it?" I ask in a low tone.

"Yes," is all he says. Confused at his short response I look back at him. I don't even have time to be surprised. His lips crush mine.

The kiss is not nice or soft or sweet. It was hot and aggressive and possessive. I react immediately.

My hands run up his arms. I can feel him shiver as my nails gently graze his arms. Finally, they find their way to his hair, and I can't help but pull on it softly.