Veintiuno

A/N: don't worry there's no smut in this chapter

_______________________________________

"How is it my fault that we lost?" Carmen shouts in the backstage area.

"You were the last one eliminated!" Charlotte responded with an equal tone.

"You were team captain and you got eliminated before me. Seth was right about you. How bout instead of blaming your best teammate, you take care of Asuka? I was the only one in this whole team that truly held it down."

"You know what's your problem, Alvarez? You mouth off a lot but don't back it up."

"You can watch me walk that walk in the ring then."

Carmen heads straight to the ring and waits for Charlotte.

In the climax of their match, Carmen puts Charlotte Flair through a snap dragon suplex. With Charlotte in the right place, she sets up for her finisher, an inverted shiranui but couldn't follow through. Both Charlotte and Carmen were attacked by the Kabuki Warriors.

*******

Carmen Alvarez hears her name being thrown around in the locker room, mostly by Charlotte Flair and Becky Lynch.

"Ayo, I hear my name. What we talking about?" She interrupts their conversation.

"Alvarez," Becky spoke first, "even though you and have bad blood, you are one of the top girls in this whole roster. And we--"

"You need me to help you guys out cause you've been straight losing against Asuka and Kiari, right?" Carmen interrupts.

"We don't need--" Charlotte speaks up.

"I'll do it, say no more. But this doesn't mean we're friends."

*******

Carmen does her nightly routine, she absentmindedly brushes her teeth until she sees her phone on the hotel bed flashing. She goes over and looks at the screen that was flashing Kenny's name. She goes back to the sink to spit out the toothpaste, she cleans her mouth before moving back to the bed and answering the call.

"Ello." She speaks first.

"Hey pretty girl, Just wanted to see how you're doing."

"Oh really? You're sweet. But I have a feeling this is also about something else."

"Maybe. I did kind of wanted to see if you changed your mind about the offer I spoke to you about."

"Is that why your girls mentioned my name twice? On both Dark and Dynamite. Trying to catch my attention?"

"You watch the show." Carmen can hear his smirk through the phone, that's impossible but she would bet a good amount of money he was smirking at that moment.

"I do... A lot of hotels have TNT."

"So what do you think?"

"Well you guys did surpass my expectations. I didn't think you would put out something so... Watchable."

"Is that a compliment?"

"Yeah. It's just I was expecting something like Ring of Honor or WWC, you know like something gritty, but you actually put out something nice."

"Thank you, I think. So since you like the product, why not be apart of it? You can go straight for a championship."

"I don't know. It's hard to explain, I feel like I messed things up here but I don't feel like moving on to something new either. It's so weird, I feel stuck."