Chapter 5

I stop screaming for a moment. I analyse his face. It drops. He slowly puts me down, his mouth wide open. "Peeta..." I tremble. He must have seen me drinking, thinking I don't care about the baby. "Peeta?" I say in a louder voice.

"Wha-, How-how did this happen?" Peeta asks, crying himself now. I stammer, not knowing what to say. "And were you just drinking then?" He asks.

I look down in guilt. I bite my lip and nod my head. "But only a little bit I just forgo-..."

"FORGOT?!" Peeta bellows. He is getting so angry I'm scared. I tremble with fear. I could have killed our baby. Not just from the today but from all of the past 2 weeks, I've been having wine, and that night I got drunk with Haymitch too.

"I'm so sorry Peeta, please forgive me!" I plead "Please I'm sorry it wont happen again!" Peeta lowers his voice.

"I think i just need some space..." He trails off and walk out the door. He can't even look me in the eyes. I feel absoloutley terrible. I just slump down on the floor, sitting in all the broken glass, and weep.

"You're PREGNANT?!" Haymitch pipes up. I nod my head and bury it into my knees. Haymitch walks over to wipe the glass away, sits down and wraps his arm around me. "I am sorry Katniss." He says glumly. He never calls me Katniss, it's always sweetheart, unless it's serious. In fact he never usually comforts me at all.

"Haymitch what am I going to do?" I sob.

"I don't know, just sleep on it and you can talk to Peeta in the morning." He answers. "Come on, let's get you home." He helps me up and walks me home. He takes me to my kitchen and washes my bloody hands in the sink. "Where's your mum or Prim so they can wrap your hand in a bandage?" He asks. I look up at the clock and see it is 12:30am.

"They'll be asleep." I reply weakly. "I don't want to wake them."

"Well I'll have to try myself." Says Haymitch. After about 15 minuets, Haymitch manages to wrap a bandage on my hand that actually stays on. Then he guides me to bed. "Night." He says as he leaves my room.

"Haymitch wait!" I call. "Just...um...thanks for tonight, for your help." He just gives me a smile and a nod.

"Night Katniss." He says and leaves the house. Today as been so stressful and eventful I can't sleep. I have many nightmares of me and the baby being killed in the games. I wake up screaming and panting, trying to catch my breath but this time, I have no Peeta to comfort me.

I feel awful. I've never seen Peeta that mad before. I just simply forgot! I feel so bad. I'll apologize in the morning but right now, I need some rest...

I wake up but still feel exhausted. I look around and remember, I'm not with Peeta. He's angry at me.

I quickly change into jeans and a t-shirt and head out the door, straight to Peeta's house. As I open the door, I see Peeta with his head in his hands, crying his eyes out. When he hears the door open he shoots up and gives me a hug. Not the reaction I was expecting.

"Katniss I am so so sorry, I overreacted way too much last night! I know it was a mistake I'm sorry please forgive me" Peeta begs. I look into his water filled eyes.

"No Peeta, you don't need to apologize, I do. I know I shouldn't have been drinking, as soon as I finished the bottle I remembered I shouldn't have done that. I felt completely awful. It was a big mistake. I'm so sorry!" I plead breaking down into tears once again.

"Peeta what are we going to do? We're going to die! This baby's going to die!" I cry into Peeta's chest.

"Katniss, I promise you nothing will happen to you or the baby, I'll protect you. I promise."

I look up at him in disappear. "What about you?" He gives me a slight grin.

"Nobody needs me." I look deep into his ocean blue eyes. The words just roll right off my tongue.

"I do, I need you." I lean in and he kisses me passionately, holding my head as our lips collide. I run my hands up his shirt and dig my nails gently into his soft skin. He takes his shirt off and holds my hand as we run upstairs to the bedroom, giggling like naughty little children. He slams me onto the bed and rips off all my clothes and his. He runs his fingers through my hair and  kisses me. He comes up for air.

"Ready?" He smiles. I nod and get ready for what's about to come. I grip onto his neck tightly as he thrusts his way into me.