Chapter 25

I have been trying to find sleep all night but failed. I have been moving about in my hard hospital bed trying to find a position where my bump does not get in the way of my sleep but it is impossible.

That's when a feel wet. Definitely something wrong. I sit up straight and whip the blanket of off me to discover liquid seeping from my legs.

Panic.

I'm not sure what to do. It's 3am and no one is here. I haven't got any contractions yet, but I don't particularly want to sit in a mess of my own liquid. I don't think I'm ready to have this baby, especially without Peeta by my side.

Despide doctors orders, i stand and walk around the corridor of the hospital to find anyone. Every step I take is excruciating as I haven't stood in so long.

I realise the liquid still trickles from my legs and decide to make my way back to my room.

As soon as I make my way back to my room, I fall to the floor was struck by extreme pain. I hold on to the side of the bed as I wait for it to pass. I must have awoke Haymitch as he comes running only a few minutes later.

"Shit...Katniss?" He looks around and sees all the liquid seeped on the floor. "Katniss your water broke?"

I give Haymitch the death stare. My hormones are going crazy and he's certainly pushing me. "NO" I say sarcastically clutching onto my stomach as I try to lay back on my bed.

Haymitch runs out the room. "OI WHERE ARE YOU GOING?" I shout to him. What does he think he's doing leaving me at a time like this.

"Chill out Im only going to get YOU a doctor." He calls running out the door. I'm left alone for only 2 minutes as Haymitch and Dr Azalea runs in.

"Hello Katniss. I'm Dr Azalea I'll be helping deliver this baby today."

Oh crap. It's time.
——
Sorry it's short! Got exams again :(