Chapter 21

*1 months later*

I sit turning the Pearl from peeta in my fingers; my last gift from him. I look down at my producing stomach as I see the baby start to move. When they first started doing this, it made me smile, not being able to wait to hold them in my arms. But then I would come back to reality and remember the boy with bread who wanted to be a father so badly will not see his child grow.

I hear my door slam open and see a beaming Finnick walk through shouting my name. I give him a look of bewilderment. "They're here Katniss! Annie and Peeta and Johanna they're here!"

I don't react for a moment as my brain try's to think of what he said. "Peeta's back?" I ask for clarification. "Yes yes he's here! Come on come and see him!" I follow finnick as he races out the door, down a corridor and straight into Annie's arms. I turn my head left and right looking for my boy with bread. Instead I am greeted to the sight of Johanna. She looks completely different. Traumatised. Her head is shaved and the weight loss is clear to see. Not only this, you can see the damage in her eyes.

I find Gale and embrace him in a hug. He doesn't look happy. "Gale what's wrong?" I ask panicked. "Nothing, they just...they just let us go." He pauses for a moment. "He's in there." Gale doesn't even look at me when he says this, just turns away.

I open the door and see Peeta facing the wall. Already from the back I see how hurt he is. I walk around the bed he now sits to see his face. The bones in his face and whole body are now so prominent; there are bruises all over his face. And worst of all, his once ocean blue eyes are pools of dark grey clouds. This isn't Peeta, he's changed so much. Despite all this, I still smile at the sight of him and go in for a hug. He opens his arms, but not for a hug. Instead he reaches straight for my neck and smashes me into a glass cabinet behind me storing all the medicine. I'm slammed onto the ground as he screams "mutt, you stinking mutt!" I struggle to breath until eventually Boggs injects peeta with something causing him to collapse to the floor next to me.

Although my throat hurts so badly, caused by Peeta's hands, I rest his head on my lap and stroke his blonde locks. I see tears fall onto my face and realise I am crying.

Where did my boy with bread go?
—-
Authors note: sorry this is short, late and bad quality, just exams and stuff :/