Twenty-Eight: Hayden Williams

"We need to do something!" Philip demanded.

Even as Frostbite tried to explain that he couldn't take all of us to Majlis as Jinn, Philip was not backing down.

"How many of us can you actually carry?" I asked. "Without using too much power?"

"I can carry two of you," he said. "Even then, it'd be really hard to keep my energy. Other beings aren't really meant to be crossed over with us when we jump, so it can be hard doing just one."

"I can stay here," Kristen said. "You know, in case she wakes up."

I nodded. That was probably the best of ideas. "Frostbite, is there any other Djinn you know that can help? One who wouldn't tear Kadin in half?"

Frostbite pondered it for a moment, and sighed, rubbing his eyes in frustration. "I have an idea. I'll be right back." Before anyone could say anything, he poofed from the room.

Philip's body was tense, and he clenched his jaw. "He better hope he's back here in less than five minutes."

And for Frostbite's sake, I hoped the same thing. I sat down on my bed and tried shaking Heather again, with no luck. She was breathing, which was good, and she still had a pulse. She was just unconscious.

"She's alive," I said. "We need to get to Majlis al Jinn to find out what's going on."

"Are you sure you should go?" Philip asked. "You don't even know what you can do ask a Nephilim, or how to do it. It might be dangerous."

That was true, but I couldn't be afraid. One of my only friends in a very long time was there and she needed my help. "I've dealt with the Darkness before," I said. "It doesn't really like me, so it most likely will not come near me."

Just then, Frostbite and a female poofed back into my room. The girl who was with her, whom I assumed was a Djinn, had olive colored skin and brown eyes, with long, curly chestnut hair. She was absolutely gorgeous, and even as a gay man I could admit that.

"Guys," Frostbite said. "This is Ash. A friend of mine and Kadin."

Ash snorted and crossed her arms over her chest. "And to think that you knew where he was this whole time. If you had told me, we probably could have prevented this."

"We can sit here and talk about what-ifs all day, but that won't stop what's happening right now," Frostbite snapped. "We have no time to waste. Hayden, I'll take you. Philip, you'll go with Ash."

Philip's eyes widened, and I wanted to laugh. Straight guys. I was pretty sure he was glancing at her C-sized breasts.

"Sounds good to me," I said. "But we need to go now."

We wasted not even a second longer. Philip grabbed onto Ash, I held onto Frostbite's hand, and we poofed out of my room and into the unknown.