5. Bridge over Troubled Water

Start from the beginning

"Please, call me Anne"

"Where's Robin?" Harry asks.

"He is in the supermarket. I was on my way to meet him, want to come?"

"No, it is better for Victoria to stay inside for the moment. I'll tell you about it later, long story" he adds in a whisper; "Do you want me to cook lunch?"

"Oh sweetie, you have just arrived. No, you and Victoria relax and we'll cook lunch when we come back" Anne kisses Harry, "Nice to meet you too, Victoria" she smiles at me and then leaves.

"Okay..." Harry says once she has closed the door; "I'm going to show you a bit around and then we can relax as my mum said"

"Harry, are you sure you don't want to go with your mum? I can wait here"

"Don't worry. I'm going to get your suitcase from the car. Don't move"

Harry exits the house the second I hear a noise from the stairs.

"Mum?" a feminine voice asks, followed by the sound of footsteps; "Who the hell are you?" she asks when she sees me standing in the kitchen.

"Hi, Gemma" I recognize Harry's sister from some internet pictures.

"How did you get in here? Look, Harry is in London. If you want something from him, go try find him there"

"Actually, I came here with Harry, I'm..."

"Yeah, sure" she interrupts me, "Didn't you hear me? Harry is in..."

"Hi, Gems" Harry greets entering the room.

Gemma stares at his brother, then at me and finally back at his brother.

"What are you doing here? I thought we were going to meet you in London on Friday for the premiere"

"Slight change of plans. Victoria was all by herself and I thought she would enjoy a couple of days in Holmes Chapel"

Gemma looks at me, embarrassed.

"Sorry; I'm used to fans trying to break in and I thought..."

"It's okay" I smile, "But I told you I came here with him. I'm Victoria"

"I'm Gemma"

Harry looks at us, not really understanding.

"Let's say I didn't treat your friend really well a couple of seconds ago. I thought she was another crazy fan"

"Did you have lots of them this week?"

"After you left, almost one per day" a deep voice answers from the front door.

"Robin!" Harry hugs his stepdad and helps him with the grocery bags.

"Hi Harry, and... who is the lovely lady we have here?"

"She's Victoria"

"And she is...?" Gemma wants to know.

"As I said to mum, it's a long story" Harry answers.

"Well," Anne says, "we've got plenty of time while I cook lunch".

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"These three days have been incredible, Harry. I don't think I can thank you enough"

After some minutes of Anne and Robin insisting, we decided that we would leave Thursday morning instead of Wednesday afternoon.

"No need to thank me, I told you. I had great fun"

We're back in London and Harry is taking me to the hotel. Black taxis and double-decker buses start surrounding us.