Chapter 4: The Deathsinger ( Part 2 )

Day ???

*groans*
A bright light strikes Katarina's eyes, but as she opens them, it's gone.
"What? Where the hell am I? Hello? Anyone!?" she screams at the top of her lungs.
Katarina stands up and starts looking for an escape out of the ring of darkness she finds herself in, but there's nothing but pure silence. She wanders up until she reaches the end of the ring that has her captivated and almost slipped off of the platform and into complete darkness.
"This can't be real", she thinks, losing hope by the second. Suddenly she notices a shift in the area around her. It's like a new place she has just walked into, except she has barely moved. She stands still and counts the seconds.

"297..298..299..300–"

As soon as she reaches 5 minutes, she notices another shift around her. But this time, a building appeared in her sight. Quickly, without wasting any time thinking it could disappear in another 5 minutes, she rushes inside with hopes of finding someone or something. The whole first floor is completely empty, leaving the second floor to be searched. To Katarina's thinking, she has 4 minutes left before another change happens in the ring. Sprinting up the stairs, she hears a familiar voice. "Could it be Professor Graves?", she wonders. It sounds like he's arguing with someone, but Katarina can't hear them.
As she's about to enter the room Graves' voice comes from, the house disappears and she falls into a lake of fog and clear water. Panicked, she quickly swims out of the water and catches her breath. "How is this happening? Why is this happening?"
Katarina tries looking around for her bag, which holds her phone and laptop, but can't seem to find it anywhere. All she has are her two daggers and a hairpin.
As another 5 minutes pass, a pathway appears back where she had almost slipped into nothingness. She curiously runs to it and sees a burst of almost blinding light at the end of the pathway. Thinking it's her classmate Lux, Katarina runs at immense speed over the pathway and reaches a new platform. She takes a swift look around and sees Lux on the ground, but as she shouts her name, everything goes dark Katarina is surrounded by mist. Lux tries to help her but it's too late. Katarina was already taken to a different place by the mist.
"Damn it Lux, if you could've been a bit quicker." she thinks to herself.
Tired, she lays on the ground and tries to rest. But after some time passes, she hears someone singing. After swiftly standing up, she looks in the direction of the noise and sees some sort of ghost holding a book and a staff. Trying to communicate with it doesn't seem to work. Katarina tries to get closer to it and as she finally sees what the ghost looks like, it shrieks and disappears away, leaving a paper floating around with Ezreal's name written in the middle of it.