Ice Blocking

-Jack Frost POV-

I laughed as I watched half the students in Hogwarts zoom down a hill with ice blocks they were sitting on with towels on top. 

Jamie came up to me, setting his ice block down, "So, why ice blocking? Why not sledding?"

"Winter isn't the only time you can have fun. This can be done anytime. Even with snow. Plus, Autumn would kill me if I made a storm this early in the year."

"There are other seasonal spirits?"

I nodded as I waved my staff to keep the hill cold enough for the ice not to melt. "I can't do it all the time. Some summers I end up hibernating. If it weren't for my job here, I'd be sleeping in Antarctica till Halloween."

We shared a laugh and he went down the hill again. I looked over the group again with a smile. I saw Harry and Ron laughing as they fell off their ice blocks. I let out a smaller smile as I looked at the two having fun together. I don't know why, but I feel a connection to Harry. Almost like he was my own son. With Ron, I knew I had to do whatever I could to help him. I gave his brother my word after all.

The heat was of no concern as I saw how much fun people were having. It fueled me, gave life, and made me forget anything hurting as if it wasn't there. Was this what happened to the other Guardians when their centers were practiced?

Bunny walked up behind me, "Very creative. Spirit of Winter making ice blocks to sled down."

Anything I was feeling before? Yeah. Not there anymore. "You can't convince me that one of your activities isn't an egg hunt," I retaliated with no emotion in my tone of voice.

We stood there quietly as I let their fun flow through me again. "You do a lot for them."

"What?" I said, confused.

"The kids," Bunny explained. "They really look up to you. You give them hope and change them for the better." He looked at me. "How do you do it?"

I looked away from him. "I guess I just see them not as they are, but what they can be. And I show that to them." I paused before looking in his eyes. "Just like someone did for me ten years ago."

I could tell he had questions, but I didn't feel like talking about my past at that moment.

"Let's round everyone up. Time to discuss." Before he could protest, I stopped the chill on the hill and flew to a portion of the students to tell them to start wrapping it up.

Once everyone was gathered, we broke into groups, each with an assortment of the houses, and told them to discuss why they think we did this activity. As I listened, lots of great points were brought up.

Such as, enjoying the little things. Taking breaks from the everyday. Keeping spirits high. How having fun keeps people going.

After ten minutes, I told everyone that the activity was over, but they could continue to talk or even slide until the ice melted. Most left, some stayed (mostly Ravenclaws and Slytherins) while others grabbed their blocks and slid down the hill a few more times.

Me and the Guardians went to my office to talk. "This is going to be easier than I thought," North said, sitting on a chair. "The hardest part is finding the perfect activity and they each lead their own discussions."

"You can thank the Ravenclaws for that," I said getting comfortable on my chair after moving a book of both old and more modern relics and putting a pillow where it was.

Sandy made a few pictures above his head that could be related to the activity.

Tooth's wings fluttered as she settled on her own chair. "I can't wait to try my own. I'll need to divide everyone into groups, but I'm sure it will be a blast."

I could feel Bunny eyeing me, but I tried to ignore it as I tucked a strand of hair behind my ear.

We talked for a few minutes before Bunny finally said something, "Hey Mate, when we were talking, what did you mean when you said, 'Like someone did for you'?"

One look at everyone's expressions, and I was overwhelmed by a feeling. The one where every part of you is screaming, 'GET OUT OF THERE NOW!!!' 

I stood, "Sorry to cut this short. Professor McGonagall asked the heads of houses to stop by her classroom after our thing was done. I just remembered. Bye!"

Before any questions could be asked, I literally flew out of the office and went straight to my room. I sat on my bed and took a few breaths right before Fuan appeared and began to whisper in my ear.

"They're prying too much."

I shook my head. "No. They're just concerned. They said they wanted to get to know the real me, and asking about my past is one way to do that. They'll find out eventually anyway."

"True, but will they really accept you? You must admit that your real self is just plain weird. More like a girl than what you were born as."

"Myself is myself. If they can't see that, they aren't worth the effort."

"Are you sure you're willing to risk them? You finally have people like you who won't die in 80 years. Do you really want to let them go? Do you really want to scare them away with your problems and feminine tendencies?"

And as normal, the representation of my anxiety had the last word.