Shopping

-Harry Potter POV-

After some introductions, we went on our way. "So, you all are the legends I heard as a child?" I asked.

"That's right young one," Santa Claus, or as he likes to be called, North, confirmed as Jack lead us through the crowd.

"And you watch over all the children in the world?"

"Well, we do our best," Jack said as we went in a bookstore named, 'Flourish and Blotts.'

The owner looked up and immediately recognized Jack, "Professor Frost! It's good to see you again," he said with a smile. "Are you here to order the usual amount of notebooks and quills?"

He nodded, "Add four more notebooks and eight quills for my friends if you can." He paused, "Also, a blue and green diary with an ID card on it."

The owner nodded and filled out an order form. "Cool colors and white for the notebooks like normal?" He clarified.

Jack looked at the group, "Well, have one red and one yellow, but the rest like normal."

He nodded, finished filling out the form, and filed it. "That will be 10 gallons, 6 sickles, and 3 nuts."

He pulled out 11 golden coins and gave it to him, "I don't have any other coins right now."

He waved him off as he counted the change. "No worries, a family came by with only the other two for all of their books. I'm glad to give you some change."

Jack done, I stepped up and showed him my list. He nodded, "Ah yes. First year. I'll go get them for you."

When he left, I turned to Jack, "What do you mean, you do your best?"

The owner came back and I paid for my books and we left. 

Jack continued, "I mean that there's only so much we can do. We can't stop abusive or neglectful parents since they don't believe in us, and we can't be everywhere at once to help every child who's been hurt." He let the words sink in before continuing "Dumbledore told me that one reason he wants these guys to help teach is so the students can go on to help make the world a better place."

I looked at Jack with a new respect causing the other four to chuckle, "Looks like Jack has a new admirer."

We went to different stores so both me and Jack could get supplies. Him for his class, and me for everything. I quickly learned that Jack, er, Professor Frost, was the only one of the six of us that knew anything about the Wizarding world and he answered all of our questions.

We eventually got to a shop called 'Madam Malkin's Robes' and Jack had the other spirits wait outside while we went in. I stepped in first and a woman came to me, "Hogwarts Dear?" I nodded and she smiled before noticing Professor Frost behind me and her face visibility lit up. "Professor Frost!"

Multiple people looked up and smiled at him. Jack chuckled at the attention, "Good to see you Madam Malkin."

She beckoned another worker who took me to a stool to be measured.

"I'm glad you're here, I made you something," me as well as everyone else was listening to their conversation.

Jack nervously laughed, "That's okay Madam Malkin, I can't afford another outfit right now."

She shook her head, "Than consider it a gift."

Jack's eyes went wide as a door to the side was opened and a manikin was rolled out my a mischievous looking male employee.

He shook his head, "No, you work hard on your creations. You deserve to be p…”

Malkin turned Jacks head and he gasped from a delightful shock once he saw it.