The Sorting

-Jack Frost POV-

I continued to teach the other guardians more and more about the Wizarding world as the beginning of the term drew near. I also began to be more and more comfortable wearing my school dress around them. I usually would only wear male fit if someone were coming to view the classroom and Wizard robes when I was required. Glad to be back in the pattern.

September first, and I was ready to go all out for them.

I wore the Kimono Madam Malkin made me with my knee high socks and Japanese flats. I also let myself show them me wearing my favorite hair clips. Blue wire with sparkly snowflake decorations.

I always loved the female fit, even if that with my hair clipped back made me look like a girl. I can't describe it, but it feels right somehow.

And just so the badger won't confuse anyone, I'm the head of Hufflepuff. Dumbledore and the other staff wanted me to be a head of house and Hufflepuff was open, so I took the role. It didn't add much difference other than where I sat at the staff table and an occasional run to their common room for emergency announcements. No one knows what house I would be in. I never wore the sorting hat.

Ready for the day, I flew to the Pole to greet everyone. Sandy, North, and Tooth said they liked the outfit, while Bunny just stared with wide eyes. "You okay Cottontail?" I asked and he shook out of whatever trance he was in.

"Ya look great, Mate," He said with a smile. I blushed and we used the globe to get to Hogwarts for a Staff Meeting before the students arrived. I was mainly about introducing new staff, subjects everyone teaches, and where we sit at the Staff table.

The Guardians couldn't sit with me because of my position and the fact they'll be gone most of the time, but they were fine with it after a little reasoning from yours truly.

We sat at our spots as students filed in, second year and up. I caught up with the people next to me and I could tell the other Guardians were only talking to each other. Only time could tell if they would warm up to the people surrounding them.

Deputy Headmistress McGonagall walked the main doors which meant the sorting would start soon. I told the Guardians all I could, but there was still no telling exactly where the sorting would take us.

She came out of the back door with the Sorting hat and placed it on a stool, list containing the names of all the new students in the other hand.

The crowd hushed and the large main double doors opened, a cluster of eleven year olds came in, marvelling at the Great Halls magical beauty.

They stopped at the front and we began to wait. Then the Sorting Hat began to sing.

"Oh, you may not think I'm pretty,
But don't judge on what you see,
I'll eat myself if you can find
A smarter hat than me.

You can keep your bowlers black,
Your top hats sleek and tall,
For I'm the Hogwarts Sorting Hat
And I can cap them all.

There's nothing hidden in your head
The Sorting Hat can't see,
So try me on and I will tell you
Where you ought to be.

You might belong in Gryffindor,
Where dwell the brave at heart,
Their daring, nerve and chivalry,
Set Gryffindors apart;

You might belong in Hufflepuffl
Where they are just and loyal,
Those patient Hufflepuffs are true,
And unafraid of toil;

Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw,
If you've a ready mind,
Where those of wit and learning,
Will always find their kind;