Coming Clean

-Jack Frost POV-

I flew around free as the wind. It was the last day of my break to bring the final snow to the world, so I may as well make the most of it.

I thought about the events that transpired over that time. I now had a handful of Muggle children who believed in me, I was accepted as a guardian, and I have friends like me. Immortal. Things were definitely looking up.

I decided to pay one last visit to the pole before going back to Hogwarts. I wasn't going to tell them about my job in the wizarding world. Not yet. But I better go see at least North before going back. He'd become like a father to me.

I flew in the window and saw North immediately, giving orders to a group of Yetis.

"Hey Kringle!" I said to him, dropping down.

He turned and smiled, "Ha! Jack ma boy! What brings you here?"

I shrugged, "Just saying hi as winter comes to a close. How's your part going?"

"Far ahead of schedule despite the setback with Pitch. We will be working hard to keep it that way."

I smiled as we continued to talk. I'll tell them eventually. Now just wasn't the time.

I flew in the window of my room at Hogwarts that night after sundown. I knew I'd need to tell Professor Dumbledore what happened over the break, but we wouldn't need to worry since the wise old man would be asleep. 

I put my, what most would call, normal attire in the closet, and pulled silk Japanese sleep clothing from it, slipping it over myself. I found myself more comfortable in the Japanese attire that Dumbledore had given me for an odd reason. My closet contained mostly kimonos for for both men and female depending on my mood. The rest was a traditional black, dark blue, blue, and sky blue wizarding robes.

Sleep wasn't necessary for me unless exposed to heat for too long, but I still slept a similar pattern to the others in the school when I can get away with it. It provided me a sense of connection to the students beyond what I already had.

Smiling, I fell asleep. Ready to tell Professor Dumbledore all about my spring break and begin to teach my classes once again.

-3erd person-
-Three and ½ months later-

North and Tooth were having a casual discussion when the subject turned to Jack. 

"Have you noticed how he never shows up unless summoned or for a meeting?" Tooth asked curiously.

North nodded, "It does seem odd. Especially since when he does come, he tends to have ink on his hands. What would he be writing about?"

"And he's also been mumbling to himself in a different language."

"Japanese," North confirmed. "I don't know how he knows it. He also seems to be just a tad uncomfortable."

"We need to talk to him," Tooth said, earning an agreement from North.

"All we need is an excuse to call everyone so we won't upset him by pulling him from whatever he's working on."