Teacher's First Day Back

First day of school! I almost flew out of bed once I woke up. Always good to have the halls filled with kids and teach them different things as I watch their faces light up.

I decided on a Summer Kimono that had a soft lime green base with green swirls with different shades of green leaves. Yellow highlights and white dots were randomized around the cloth to add the finishing touch. As usual when I put something on, frost decorated the edges and seams. I didn't always wear socks or shoes, so I decided to skip that today. I always had a couple backup flats in my desk just incase.

I pined my hair back with good old fashioned bobby pins, grabbed my staff, and did my best to keep an overall calm look. But there was no hiding my excitement.

I sat down in my seat and found McGonagall was already eating her pancakes.

"Good morning, Frost," she greeted.

I sent her a smile, "Good Morning, McGonagall. Ready for the term? I know I am!"

"Don't have a choice."

We shared a laugh and talked about our summers. Eventually, students began to file in more quickly and we decided to get to class so we can be earlier than the first students.

She went out first and I was about to follow when Jamie rounded the corner and we caught eyesight.

He smiled and made his way over to me. "Hey Ja- Professor Frost!"

I chuckled, "Nice save. Now, just because I knew you before all this, don't expect any better treatment." We shared a laugh and I ruffled his hair with my free hand, snow finding its way into the strands. "It's good to see you."

He nodded in agreement, "Same here." His face lit up. "Oh! It turns out one of my roommates is famous!"

"Harry Potter?" I guessed and he nodded enthusiastically. "Well if your introduction to the Wizarding world is anything like mine, you'll learn why very quickly."

I stood up straight and twirled my staff once, "Now, I need to beat the students to the classroom. Good luck, and have fun."   

Jamie laughed, "So no, 'stay out of trouble?' Then again, that might be a tad hypocritical."

I gave him a smirk, "Takes a prankster, to know a prankster," I gestured to the Weasley twins, "Like them."

With that, I walked off to the dance room that doubles as a classroom. One of the few first floor rooms that has a door leading straight to the outside. Why do I teach in this room of all places? For now, I'll just say I have a unique way of teaching certain parts of the culture. Plus, I can rearrange the room anyway I want.

I went in the large room, approximately 10 by 6 meters. I had a desk in the corner that I went to. I set up the room earlier in the Summer. 

There were rows of desks, three desks per row, each able to fit two people. Six rows back with another in the middle. The room itself was grand for lack of a better term. It stood a little more than 3 meters high. A mirror taking the whole wall on one long side while the other long side sported a few arched windows and glass door to let natural light in. I tried to avoid using candles when I could. One of the remaining walls I was facing had the double doors, a mirror covering where the door wasn't.

My back was facing the final wall, normal wood. Chalkboard I rarely use was nailed to it, clean box of chalk sat next to it. The floor, was a polished smooth wood that felt great on bare feet. I would know.

I decided I might as well write my name and the class on the board. Just in case someone's lost.

As I finished, the door opened and a Third year walked in. I smiled as I saw the blue and bronze tie. Only a Ravenclaw or would be 45 minutes early to class. Even the smart ones of other houses are bound to be slowed down by their peers.

"Hello!" I said causing her to jump slightly. The quiet type I'm guessing. We can work on that. "What's your name?"

"H- Hayle. You're the fourin Professor?"

I nodded, "I was originally in Japan and after finding a small link to my past, I was hired. Tell me, do you like it here at Hogwarts?"

She nodded, "I love it!" Her face fell, "I just wish I had more friends."

I put a hand to her shoulder, "I'm sure if you let your true self shine, people will take more notice."

She gave me a ghost of a smile, but that's when I heard shouting in the halls. Concerned, I went outside the class to find two students fighting. They looked to be fifth years while a seventh year Hufflepuff girl was trying to keep them apart. What little students were around watched the fight unfold. I let out a big sigh once I saw it was a Gryffindor and Slytherin arguing.

"Care to explain what this is all about?" I said calmly the fight stopping immediately.

"He started it!" Both the fifth years said, pointing to the other.

"I don't care," I said with only a slight glare. "One of you should have been the bigger person and ended it." I turned to the Seventh year. "Thank you, Faun. Ten points to Hufflepuff."

She smiled, "See you in fifth," she told me before going deeper in the school.

"Now. Ryan, how about you go first?" I said to the Gryffindor.

"He called me a Mudblood!" Ryan said, glaring daggers at the other.

"And you, Dylan?" I asked, turning to the Slytherin.

"I only said that because he called my mother a pile of pixies." He defended, crossing his arms.

I mentally sighed. "Ryan, you know that Dylan is close to his family. We've done this before. And Dylan, you know that people with Muggle parents and families are just as much Wizards or Witches as any of us. I'll need to take ten points from each of you unfortunately. If you two put your differences aside, I'm sure you can be great friends."

That said, they looked away from each other at the ground. Having done my part, I walked back in my classroom and took a deep breath, smiled at Hayle, and went to my desk where my staff was waiting.

Now just to wait for class to start.

At lunch hour, I went to the great hall and scanned the Gryffindor table, looking for a certain redhead. When I spotted him, I was glad to see him talking to Harry and Jamie.

I walked over and stopped behind them. "Hey Jamie, Harry." I greeted causing the group to turn to me. 

 Jamie beamed, "Hey Professor Frost!"

I sent him a smile, "Glad to see someone's enjoying themselves," with that I turned to my reason for coming over. "Ron Weasley. Right?"

He swallowed his food, "That's me."

I gave him the warmest smile I could, "Mind talking with me after the final classes? Just meet me by the main entrance of Hogwarts."

He looked startled, but nodded.

I patted his back, possibly sending chills up his spine before walking the rest of the way to the Staff table.

Once I sat down, McGonagall turned to me. "Was there a reason for that?"

I shrugged, spreading mayo on my sandwich before chilling the whole thing to eat. "Just the beginning of fulfilling a promise I made to his brother."