Chapter 118: The General's Newfound Maiden

"I used to be a lost star, but you've found me. And you became my moon." - The Faded Firefly
-----------------------------------------------------------

If I blink, or let you go, will you fade away like a mere dream?

"Hey, beautiful..." He murmured, yanking the covers tighter around their bodies lazily. He chuckled in amusement to find her sound asleep on top of him, her ruffled platinum blonde locks tucked behind her head. He sighed in contentment as his hand stroked her smooth, bare back, while he nestled his head deeper into the pillows more.

Let the banquet go on without them, he couldn't afford to disturb her peaceful condition right now. He could feel every move of her rising and falling chest, to the sound of her soft heartbeats.

He brushed his thumb across her cheek and giggled after she shifted slightly against his touch. She remained asleep with the satisfaction of his warm torso.

He kissed her cheek and steadily placed her down on the mattress; a mumble of protest waking her up a little before she immediately fell back to sleep. He went to the changing screen and dressed up in a simple, loose white shirt and black pants.

She rolled over to his side and blinked, a playful smile appearing in her face. Aiden chuckled and kneeled next to her on the floor, brushing his nose on hers.

"Hi, pretty eyes." He greeted, waving a hand cutely in front of her. Elsa shook her head and took his held up hand in hers, their wedding rings clinking together. "What are you doing?" He questioned cluelessly.

"Nothing, I just want to hold your hand." She yawned, before sitting up and getting off the bed. She wrapped her arms around him and whined, "Lift me up. Please."

He smiled and nodded, raising her up and letting her cling on to him, his arms feeling like as if she weighed nothing. "Do you want to change into your dress? The seamstress delivered it an hour ago."

"If it was only me, I won't mind you wearing that." She smirked, her finger drifting further down on his torso, "And, yes. Give me a few minutes to prepare."

A knock made Aiden whirl his head to its direction. Elsa walked away for the changing screen while her husband opened the door to see his mother already donning her gown, a cheeky grin upward on her lips.

"I see you two had some... Fun.." She trailed off as her eyes found the messy mattress with ruffled sheets. Aiden darkly blushed and straightened his wrinkled shirt, his eyes fixed on his bare feet.

She cleared her throat and scolded, "You're not wearing that to the banquet, are you?"

Aiden shook his head hastily, already fearful of what his mother is implying. Helena rolled her eyes teasingly and stepped inside, her heels making a bee line for the closet. She rummaged through vest after vest, her eyes gleaming once she found the perfect set.

She shoved the formal uniform to his arms and patted his back, "You be a good boy for your mother and wear that so you can match with your darling wife. After that, we can fix that wild hair of yours." She cooed protectively before shooing him towards the second changing screen.
...
(A/N: The picture below does not belong to me. Credits to the on who owns it. I only edited the eyes for it to be green. This must be Aiden's greatest visual image.)

"So, snowflake, can I be your sexy snow king now?"

Elsa was at loss for words. Helena claps her hands in satisfaction, grinning at her hard work in pride. Aiden gaped at the stunning pale red dress his wife wore, his cheeks heating up at the glamorous mid thigh slit. She looked away, flustered at the sight of his eyes scanning her up and down repeatedly.

(A/N: The picture below does not belong to me. Credits to the on who owns it.)

"You two must be the most good looking pair I've ever seen," Helena commented, pushing them against each other mischievously, "Black is always better with red

"You two must be the most good looking pair I've ever seen," Helena commented, pushing them against each other mischievously, "Black is always better with red. Shall we make your grand entrance at the ballroom?" She wiggled her eyebrows.

≫ ──── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ──── ≪

The ballroom is buzzing with festivities and melodious music; the extravagant chandeliers giving light to the current dancers. The King and Queen of Arendelle finally stopped by the grand staircase while Helena hurried down the stairs, gesturing a signal for Kai to address them properly.

Aiden offered his white gloved hand towards his beloved queen in advance, a cheeky grin making its way to his face. Elsa gave him a teasing curtsy in return.

Two guards marched up to the end of the staircase, one standing at each side. They blew the crocus flagged trumpets to gain everyone's attention. Noble lords and ladies, soldiers, foreign or local, whirled their heads towards their direction.

"May I present to you, the host and the hostess of this celebratory banquet, their royal majesties, King Aiden and Queen Elsa of Arendelle!"

Gasps of admiration and countless swooning maidens echoed through out the ballroom as the couple made their way down the staircase with interlocked hands.

The ice queen found her sister and brother in law's mesmerized gaze, a motherly smile curling up into her lips as she noticed the two small bundles in Kristoff's arms.

"Why, don't you both look so lovely?" Nathan walked up to them with an impressed look, a small glass ofiquor in hand, his baby blue eyes only surveying the queen beside his cousin. Aiden rolled his eyes as he folded his arms, "Am I in the picture or?"

Nathan ignored his protest and continued, "I finally met your two little heirs and I must say, cousin, well done. They are very beautiful."

"They have a stunning mother, no doubt." Aiden wrapped an arm around his wife, "Minn elska, would you like to get some drink? I am very parched."

"Sure. Um, excuse us, Nathan." Elsa politely bowed and followed her husband's foot steps, smiling at the surrounding guests warmly.
...

"Two, please."

"Here you go, sire. Enjoy the banquet." The servant passed him two glasses of mild Akvavit. Elsa and Aiden smiled in gratitude and murmured a thank you, before being blocked by a certain general.

"And why are my favorite lovebirds an hour late?" Magoo mocked a stern tone. Aiden turned to his wife for help, the skin of his cheeks instantly shading into a color of tomatoes.

"Um.." Elsa tried. Magoo laughed cheerfully and patted Aiden's back, "Don't worry, I get it. You two were making up for lost time."

He dropped his voice into a low whisper, "Erm, your delightful snowman kind of announced that your bedroom door was locked earlier. But hey, no biggie."

Elsa squeezed her husband's hand for support, Aiden gently rubbing circles on her back soothingly, "Why don't you get on the dance floor for some warm up? Oh and Aiden, I finally scored." Magoo winked.

"Woah, nice one. But, uh, where is this lovely lady you managed to get?" Aiden smiled.

"Oh. She can be a little timid and shy, but she's lovely. She's just outside, getting some fresh air."

To be continued on the next chapter...