Chapter 26- I forgive you!

Nandini couldn't take her eyes off of the beautiful woman in the picture frame. With long brown hair and soft brown eyes with that glow on the face, Priya manik's mom looked beautiful in the photograph and nandini could see the similarities between manik and priya. She was just adoring her.

Manik's real mom Priya Malhotra

As the priest prepare for the puja, nandini bebe and raj sat around the fire.

Nandini kept looking at the door waiting for manik desparately.

Bebe placed her hands on nandini's head and gave her an sympathetic smile telling her it's ok but nandini nodded her head in no and gave her a small smile reassuring her that he will come.

Nandini looked at raj who was lost gazing at the photo of his late wife. His gaze was fixed at the picture since it was placed and his eyes filled with emotions.

Their trance broke when priest said.

Priest: it's about time for the puja to begin.

Nandini again looked at the main door.

Nan: can't we wait a little bit more?

Priest nodded and got busy in preparation.

Nandini looked at her phone and thought if she should call manik. She in heart somewhere believe that he will come but with this she was having fear also that what if he didn't come. Just when she was about to dial manik, the main door opened, revealing manik. Raj and bebe looked at him surprised, nandini had tears in her eyes seeing her love in such a vulnerable condition.

Manik eyes landed on his mother's photo and remained there as he moved forward. Removing his shoes, manik sat down beside raj who was looking at him surprised.

Nandini was happy manik had sat beside raj. Nandini and bebe had purposely sat down together so that manik could sit with raj and they were successful.

Bebe: panditji now you can start the puja.

The priest nodded and the puja was started.

As the puja ended, the priest left and everyone stood quiet. Nandini looked at manik and saw his eye on his mother's face. His eyes were blank.

She thought to go to him and when she was about to go there she saw raj going towards him so she stopped on her tracks waiting for the father-son to talk.

Raj placed his hands on manik's shoulder.

Raj: manu

Manik trance broke with the name raj called after years.

He turned towards him with blank eyes. Raj was unable to look at his emotionless eyes. He somehow getting courage said.

Raj: I am sorry beta.