Chapter 59 Nameless Hero

Start from the beginning

"Got to admit, that was a smart move kid. Though let me ask, did you forget that i said my blood demon art works on my whole body?"

Yushiro's claws couldn't pierce Greed flesh. In fact, his claws were shattered as soon as they touched his neck. Suddenly, Yushiro felt his gut being pierced by Greed's claws as he coughs up blood.

"Hehehe. I usually don't like to use my blood demon art on my head because it covers my handsome face. Oh well, i had to do it. So brat, tell me. Which one of us is exposed?"

Greed slams Yushiro's body into the ground

Greed slams Yushiro's body into the ground. As Yushiro tries to get up, Greed grabbed his head and slammed him into the ground again. Everytime Yushiro's wounds regenerated, Greed would just slam him back into the ground.

"Well kid, this was fun and all....but you're a sorry excuse for a punching bag."

"Enough!"

Greed turned around to the source of the voice. When he did he saw Tamayo glaring daggers at him. The demon smiled as he walked over to her. Meanwhile Yushiro was slowly getting up.

"Lady.....Tamayo..."

"Oh so she's the Tamayo you were talking about. Got to say, i like a woman who's got a backbone. So how about it, ditch the kid and come with me."

Yushiro was shouting every curse word he knew in his head when he heard what Greed said. Meanwhile, Tamayo looked at the man in disgust.

"I won't. You barged into my home, hurt my assistant, and think things will go your way. That type of thinking is what will get you killed. Your greed is the most disgusting thing in the world."

Greed looks at Tamayo for a moment. At first he was shocked by everything she had just said. But after a few seconds, he started to burst out in laughter.

"You're right about one thing. I am one greedy son of a bitch. I want everything you can possibly imagine. I want money and women, power and sex, status, glory! I demand the finer things in life!"

"So you were turned to a demon for a reason as petty as that?"

"Please, what i want is simple. I want to own the world and everything in it. But there is one thing i disagree with you about. Your definition of greed is just as dumb as a human's."

Tamayo took a step back as Greed approached her. He'll admit that Tamayo has a strong will, but her perception of greed definitely needed to be fixed.

"You want to bring back someone that you’ve lost. You might want money. Maybe you want a lover. Or, you might want to protect the world. These are all common things people want. Things that their hearts desire. Greed may not be good, but it’s not so bad, either. You and humans think greed is just for money and power! But everyone wants something they don’t have."

As Greed hardened his hands into claws, he brought them down to cut down Tamayo. She closed her eyes, bracing herself for damage. However, she was surprised when she didn't feel any pain. Yet she heard the sound of metal clashing against each other. She opened her eyes as soon as she heard Greed yelling.

"Bastard, who the hell are you?!"

Tamayo looked ahead as she saw a demon slayer using his sword to block Greed's attack. When she saw the swordsman's face, she was even more surprised.

"No one special. Just a nameless wannabe hero."