"I'm Sorry."

A.N. This was a request from @SilvertheTMNTfan. Thanks for requesting! This one-shot takes place after the episode "Mutant Gangland". Enjoy!

Summary: Raph feels bad about what happened with him and his brothers. Especially Donnie.

Date: 04/19/20

———————————————————————

Raph's P.O.V.
I'm sitting on the couch, thinking about what happened earlier tonight. Leo and Mikey are training and Donnie is probably in the lab. I can't believe myself. My stupid actions nearly got Donnie killed tonight. I never should've quit the team at all. Donnie wouldn't have had to find me if I didn't quit. He wouldn't have gotten hurt and nearly dissected if I had just stayed in the lair. I feel terrible. I've messed up before by quitting the team, but never this bad. I'm so stupid! I sigh sadly.

"What's wrong, Raph?" Donnie asks, walking into the living room from the lab and sitting next to me on the couch.

I look down. Do I tell him? I have to apologize. I sigh and apologize, "I'm really sorry about what happened tonight."

"Don't worry about it." Donnie shrugs it off.

"You were almost KILLED!" I point out.

"Yes, but that wasn't your fault." Donnie says.

"Um... yes, it was. I shouldn't have quit the team. If I had never quit the team, you wouldn't have had to come after me and you never would've gotten captured. This is all my fault!" I point out, looking at him and then back at the ground.

"You're partially right. You shouldn't have quit and if you hadn't, I wouldn't have been captured. However, Don Vizioso has been planning this for awhile. If I hadn't gotten captured, we would all be destroyed. You guys came to rescue me because he captured me. If he hadn't captured me, he would've used those weapons to destroy us all. So, in a way, you saved all the mutants of New York City by messing up and getting me captured. I'm not saying that neither of us are at fault here because we both are. What I AM saying is that it isn't COMPLETELY your fault. I shouldn't have provoked you like that and you shouldn't have quit the team. We're brothers and we get on each other's nerves sometimes, but there's a point to stop and not fight fire with fire. I clearly didn't recognize that point when it came about, resulting in all of this. This is partially my fault." Donnie explains.

I look at him in shock. He smiles at me and I smile back. I hug him, which takes him by surprise, but he hugs back.

"I'm glad you're okay, bro." I say.

"Glad you're okay too."

—————————————————————————

A.N. Hope you enjoyed! Sorry it's short! (Does anyone actually read these author notes?)

Edited: 08/20/22