"Anytime, little brother."

A.N. This one-shot was requested by Gratsu791  so thanks for the request. I hope you enjoy!

Summary: Mikey is always spending time alone because his brothers are too busy doing their own things to spend time with him. He hates it. Raph notices Mikey is upset about this and wants to cheer him up.

Date: 01/11/20

———————————————————————

Raph's P.O.V.
My brothers and I are all doing our own things like usual. Leo is training, Donnie's working in his lab, I'm punching the punching dummy, and Mikey's... actually, I have no idea what Mikey's doing. I look around the main room of the lair. Mikey isn't in here. He must be back in his room. I never know what Mikey's doing when we're in the lair. The big brother part of me says that I should go check on him and I agree. I'm sure he's fine, but you can never be too careful.

I walk over to the bedrooms and knock on Mikey's door, "Mikey. It's Raph. Can I come in?"

"Sure," came the soft reply.

I open the door and walk into to Mikey's... CLEAN room?!

"Woah. It's clean in here." I observe, paying no attention to Mikey as of right now.

"Yeah. When none of your brothers wanna hang out with you, you get bored quickly and eventually get to the point of boredom where you clean your room." I was still astonished by the cleanness of the room that I didn't even process what Mikey said right away.

I look over at Mikey. He's laying on his bed, staring up at the ceiling, looking bored. I'm not entirely sure, but I think I see a tear roll down his face. I then look over at a picture of me and Mikey when we were 9. We were playing with some old toy cars in the sewers. I get it now. Mikey misses spending time with his big brother. I suddenly get an idea. I gasp and run out of the room.

Mikey's P.O.V.
Raph leaves my room in a hurry. Alone. Again. Great (note the sarcasm). I miss my big brothers. Especially Raph. We always used to be really close when we were younger. It changed when we all went topside for the first time. Donnie fell in love with April, Leo trained more, and Raph... Raph just seemed... angrier. Sometimes, I wish that Master Splinter didn't let us go topside.

The door to my room suddenly flies open. Raph is standing in the door way with... are those what I think they are?

"Hey, little brother. Wanna go play with these in the sewers? For old times' sake?" He asks, our old toy cars in his hands. "You just seemed to miss hanging out with us." He continues.

I get out of bed and walk over to Raph, picking up one of the toy cars out of his arms. "Where did you find these? I thought we got rid of them." I recall.

"We did, but that night, I dug them out of the trash and kept them stored in a box under my bed. I guess I just wasn't ready to let go." He says, looking at the toy cars in his hands and then somewhere to the side of me. I turn around to see what he was looking at. The photo of us. I look back at him and smile. He smiles back at me.

"Come on!" I say enthusiastically.

We run down to the part of the sewers that we used to play in as kids. I can't believe we still remember where that is. We sit on the sidewalk NEXT to the sewage and put the cars down. We play as if we're racing, narrating the entire race. It was always a tradition that Raph would let me win. He thinks I doesn't know, but I'm not THAT stupid. I've always known. We play for hours. Eventually, we notice that it's almost time for patrol and Leo and Donnie are probably wondering where we are.

Third Person P.O.V.
Back at the lair...

"Where are they?!" Leo shouts.

Donnie shrugs.

Raph's P.O.V.
"We should probably get back." Mikey says. I nod in agreement.

We start walking back to the lair. "Hey, Raph?" Mikey asks.

"Yeah, Mikey?" I ask in return.

"Thanks. You're the best big brother ever. Don't tell Leo and Donnie I said that." He jokes, laughing a bit at the end.

"Anytime, little brother. You're the best little brother ever. Don't tell Donnie I said that." I return the joke. I put my arm around Mikey's shoulders as we walk back to the lair.

I will never let my little brother feel neglected again. I promise that. To him and to me.

—————————————————————————

A.N. *claps hands together once* Okay. This one was bad, but I hope you enjoy it anyway. I'm not good at writing in Raph's P.O.V. Bye!

Edited: 08/20/22