7

Mrs. Maryam took me to one of their many rooms; in the Munir's mansion.
It was more like a girl's room, maybe one of Hayat's sisters room.

This is your room, Raeesa. You can rest here; everything is well prepared, and if you need any clothes, just check the wardrobe.

Rest well, she said.

I nodded my head at her and gave my thanks.

I quickly took a shower because I was greatly in need of it. After that, I took a good nap.

Raeesa You're finally awake, Hayat's mom asked me when she saw me going downstairs, which seems as though she has been waiting for me.

Yeah, I gave a reply.

I took a good eight hours of sleep, then a servant was sent to the room to tell me that I should come down and join the rest of the family to eat.

I pulled the chair from the dining table and sat. Some seconds later, Hayat came in.

Immediately he saw me, and he went back to his room, while I wondered why.

We all ate our food in silence.

We were now spread on the coach.

So Raeesa, have you not remembered anything up until now?

I shook my head at Hayat's dad, indicating a no.

No, and if I try to think it causes my head to ache, I answer.

Oh, dear, you don't need to think that hard.

Just let it be; everything will come back together, said his mom.

Thanks, ma.

But I haven't seen your daughter; I asked and kept looking around inquisitively.

They all raised their heads and looked at me.

Did Hayat tell you that he has a sister? Mrs. Maryam questione, amused at my words.

Don't worry, I will ask Hayat why he told you that once I come face-to-face with him.

No ma! He didn't say that, just that the room I occupied looked like a lady's room. That's why I asked.

Oh, about that, it's nothing; it's just among the decorations of the house. I only have two sons, Hayat and his brother, replied his mom.

Oh sorry.

That's why it's good to stop assuming things and try to bring back your memories. I figured Hayat was bickering over those words in my mind.

I said it before, and I'll say it again: I don't like him a little bit; he's too rude for my liking. I continue thinking to myself.

We were about to go to our rooms when Hayat's mom told me to get ready for the outing. She noticed I did not have many clothes with me.

Hayat! She called out, Get dressed, so we'll take Raeesa shopping.

But mom, I have something to do, he shouted back from his room.

And I also want to go shopping because Raeesa here doesn't have many clothes, his mom says loudly.

I just stood in between admiring the way they were speaking to each other like families are supposed to be, which is what I yearn for.

Raeesa, what's wrong? Mrs. Maryam inquired about seeing a change in me.

Uhm, nothing, I replied. I was so engrossed in my world of thoughts that I didn't realise she was speaking. Now, I might seem rude.

I'm so sorry, ma. I didn't hear you, I said.
I saw them both waiting for an explanation.

It's okay. 
While Hayat shrugs it off, smiling, 

I just said you should go to your room and get ready; we leave in a while.

Okay, I'll be right back. I replied and quickly took the stairs.

Such a nice girl, I heard Mrs. Maryam saying while I was leaving.

I didn't hear much as she was entering her room.

I quickly put on the one dress that I bought and left the room.

I'm here, announcing my presence to them. Yeah,  I'm ready too, said his mom. Hayat, where are you? His mom called upon him.

Just coming down, Hayat replied, enervated.

He came in wearing a comfy dress like someone going to a relaxation point. Even with that simple dress, he looks handsome, but I'm not telling him; instead, I gave him an irritated look.

We entered the car while he drove us off, completely ignoring my presence.

- goodtidingss💜❤️🌸🌷