New Beginnings of the New Moon

Start from the beginning

 After getting his weapons, Runaan shook his head. His friends were going all out on this, weren't they. 

Then the four of them trooped to Faren's like a little army. 

 The blacksmith was built inside a large tree, and it was a little bit of a climb to get there. The silver stairs chinked beneath their padding footsteps, and when they opened the doors, it was as light and sturdy as Featherbark. 

 The wonderful sound of, tink, tink, tink, echoed against the swirly patterned walls, which held up weapon racks. Across the room was a worktable covered with hammers, pieces of iron, and prototype papers. 

 Faren leaned across the worktable, studying an unfinished project. At the sound of their footsteps, he turned around to see Runaan carrying three swords of his own making. 

 "Ah, Runaan!" The blacksmith said heartily. "How are ye, my boy? I see tha' ye have some weapons ye need to ge' looked a'?" 

 Tiadrin, Lain, and Loteva stepped out behind Runaan, grinning to hide the sly looks on their faces. 

 "Actually," Lain said, "Runaan hasn't seen Ethari yet! Maybe working on Runaan's weapons will be good experience?" 

 Faren nodded. "I suppose yer' righ'. You'll be pleasantly surprised! 'Thari has been one of the most experienced apprentice I've ever met. Even on his first day, he made quite an impression."

 Not even a second later, an elf walked out from a back door, wiping sweat from his forehead. 

 Immediately, Runaan was unable to speak. 

 The elf was of ethereal beauty; his brown eyes contrasting perfectly with his deep purple skin, feathered white hair framing his chiseled face. Even his lavender markings were immaculate. 

A soundless exhale escaped from Runaan's mouth, who was turning a deep pink. 

"Oh! Welcome to the blacksmith!" The elf said. "My name is Ethari. Is there something you need assistance with?" Briefly, he looked up at Faren, who gave a warm, encouraging smile. 

 Loteva nodded. "Yes, there is. My friend here, Runaan, needs his training swords looked at. Without them, he's not him!" The last part was more dramatic than she thought necessary, but she liked to have some fun.

 "Runaan, hmm?" Ethari repeated, making sure he got the customers name right.

Runaan responded with a muffled mumble, "Mm-hmf."

 Tiadrin shot him a side eye, intimidating enough to scare a banther. Lain let out a barely audible groan.

 "That's a nice name," Ethari mused aloud, then holding out one of his hands. "May I inspect your blades?"

 Runaan stared at his hand for half a second too long before fumbling with the load in his arms to give Ethari. 

 "H-here you go." He mumbled.

Ethari smiled--gods, his smile. It was as cheerful as a Melo-daisy, and as bright as a thousand fireflies. Their fingertips brushed lightly against each other during the transaction, leaving behind the feel of burning ice. Runaan felt as if he would be set on fire when his cheeks became nearly red.

 Ethari studied the weaponry as thoroughly as he could, brushing his hand against the cool metal. He delicately set it down, and turned around, having found the answer to their dilemma. "You've most likely been training so much, that they've become weak." He explained. "I can repair them, if you'd like." 

 Runaan just nodded. When he fished it out of his satchel, Ethari shook his head "It's the first time I've seen you. Besides, that's a bit much for my work." 

 Runaan didn't know how to react. Was he supposed to feel grateful, or ashamed? He went with a thanks instead. "Er, thank you, Ethari. You are very kind."

 Loteva gave herself a mental temple message. Why did Runaan have to be so formal and stiff all the time?

"They'll most likely be done in two days, is that alright?" The young craftsman probed.

 The assassin in training nodded, "That's fine. Good day."

Ethari flashed a perfect smile, and waved goodbye; already hunched over the sparring blades.

Tiadrin and Lain began bombarding Runaan with questions as soon as the door closed behind them. 

"What was that?!"

"You were so stiff!"

"Loosen a little!"

Runaan slumped against a pillar, hoping cool breeze would calm his blushing face.

 "That was nothing." He muttered.

"Oh. Oh, oh, oh." Was Tiadrin's response. "You like him, don't ya?"

 Runaan didn't say anything, and instead stormed down the stairs in a wordless farewell.

Lain sighed. "He's hopeless."

 Loteva licked her lips, and shrugged. "At least he made his mark. Besides, next week is the New Moon. Maybe he'll start anew."