Chapter 14 - Another Year Gone

Start from the beginning

"What?" He asked them, looking between the two. He had been daydreaming before, zoning out. "What about Lockhart?"

"He's gone." Harry told him, a hopeful and cheerful glint in his eyes. "He was supposed to go find the entrance to the chamber and find Ginny, and you."

"Good job, he did." Ron said sarcastically, frowning. "The git tried to hex us, tried to take away our memories." He chuckled darkly. "Didn't end well for them though."

"How so?" Y/N asked, preparing himself up against the backboard of the bed to steady himself more. "Please tell me you stopped him?"

"Of course we did." Harry said.

"Yeah," Ron replied, his frown gone and replaced with a smirk. "I gave him a bit of his own medicine and off he went. Lost his entire memory. Heard dumbledore sent him away just after they fixed him up. Wasn't safe for him apparently." Though Y/N was glad he wasn't awake to endure Lockhart, even if his memory was bust, he wouldn't of been able to endure him in his current state.

"I bet it wasn't." Y/N gritted his teeth. Especially not after the bullshit he put them all through. "Good riddance to the useless git."

The three of them continued into their usual conversations, laughing and egging each other. Though it wasn't the same for them without Hermione there to support them. It left them feeling gloom, but in few hours the mandrakes would be done and the potions would be able to wake them.

Harry also began to explain to Y/N how he had freed Dobby from Lucius Malfoy's chains. To which he was glad for, it was about time Malfoy got what was coming to him. So losing a elf house was a fair to sight to see. And Harry told him about the diary it's self. How Lucius Malfoy had planted it in Ginny's cauldron (Speaking of Ginny, they had managed to free her and send her home with her parents which gave Y/N a great relief) the day at Diagon Alley which made Y/N grind his teeth in anger. if it was up to him, Malfoy wouldn't see the end of the day when he'd be done with him. But alas, there was nothing they could do, well anything legal.

But before they could continue their talks of heroics, quidditch and other such things, the infirmary doors opened with a thud and in came Professor Dumbledore, his usual cheery expression on his face.

"Professor." The three boys said in unison, reaching out of their chairs to greet Dumbledore, though not Y/N. He was still stuck in bed, he managed a slow nod to the much older man.

Professor Dumbledore approached them, a small smile gracing his lips. "Hello, boys." He said to the two students, before turning his attention to Y/N who still laid propped against the headboard of his hospital bed. "Y/N, it's good to see you finally awake."

"Thank you, Professor."

The ageing headmaster turned back to the two boys, and gave them an apology smile. "I'm afraid I need to have a word with young Y/N here, if you would be so kind to return to your classes." Of course, classes were still active even only a day after the event in the chamber. Though Dumbledore had allowed them to come see their friend when he'd awake.

The two boys muttered goodbyes to Y/N and farewell to Dumbledore before retreating out of the infirmary, Ron muttering something about Y/N being lucky he didn't have to endure Snape's lessons for the rest of the day. For that, Y/N was thankful.

"I see you're awake." Dumbledore said as he sat down. "You scared quite a lot of us, including myself. You've got the quite the self-sacrificing rep." He smiled. "Much like your father, very much so."

"I can't really help it." Y/N lamented. "It's just something I feel I need to do, something that feels right."

"You don't always have to put yourself in-danger, Y/N." Dumbledore advised him.