20

changkyun and jooheon rested in this hugging position for a long time. they didn't even hear the school bell ring, announcing the start of the next lesson block. they also didn't care.

everything counting now was the two of them sitting there on the rooftop and just being together. then finally jooheon calmed down a bit and pulled away. changkyun looked at him worried.

why was jooheon so emotional? did they have such a strong bond before his accident? jooheon didn't look at changkyun, he was scared. scared what would happen when changkyun remembered. maybe it was better for both sides when he wouldn't.

"i'm sorry," the soft voice penetrated changkyun's ears. he saw jooheon sitting there with closed eyes and a sad smile on his lips.

"w-why are you sorry?" he wanted to know.

but jooheon just shook his head and pulled changkyun closer again.

"just promise me you're never gonna leave me again."

changkyun didn't know what to say to this, jooheon apparently had his reasons to act like this but changkyun would like to understand it.

"i was never gone." changkyun said quietly, still confused. he wanted answers.

"and what was the day when you climbed out of the window just to escape your visitors?" jooheon said and laughed.

changkyun blushed.

"i-i didn't know you were coming to visit me. that day i felt so down and honestly i didn't want to see anyone."

"it's okay pabo, just don't climb out of a window higher than ground floor again."

changkyun nodded and grinned. jooheon suddenly leaned in and their faces were so closer that only a piece of paper would fit between them. changkyun blushed but couldn't move.
it was like he was somehow magically attracted to jooheon.

the taller smiled and softly put a strand of hair behind changkyun's ear.

"even if you don't remember anything yet, i wanna tell you that i'm sorry. i want you to know that it was my fault what happened." jooheon whispered and his bottom lip was shaking as if he was on the best way to start crying again.

changkyun didn't know what to say to this, he didn't know how to feel about this information. the only thing he could think about right know were jooheon's perfectly red and full lips.

without noticing he laid a hand on jooheon's neck and pulled him closer. there was only a space of millimeters between them, their lips were almost touching. jooheon seemed kind of frightened but changkyun could tell that he also enjoyed and wanted it.

and then finally, changkyun overcame himself and he kissed jooheon. the other boy needed a moment to realize what was happening but then he returned the kiss. changkyun felt the warm lips on his and their lips moved in perfect synchronicity together.

he closed his eyes and then he suddenly remembered. he remembered literally everything he ever experienced in his life and what they were doing right now felt so damn right.