𝒍𝒙𝒊. mercy

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

             EVERYONE WAS PREPARED FOR THE WAR. It had been about a month since the last ambush and everyone was ready. However, Daphne Dixon and her boyfriend, Carl Grimes, hadn't really been prepared.

They spent all day in bed, just sleeping. Daphne woke up and opened her eyes and felt Carl wrap his arms around her body and she smiles in peace. He kisses her bare shoulder and Daphne smiles once more: "Morning, love." She inhaled sharply and looked at him.

"What time is it again?" Carl questioned and Daphne check the clock. "It's 11:30. We slept in. We gotta get up." Before Daphne stood up, Carl grabbed her arm and she looked down at the boy and kissed him right on the lips.

Carl stretches as Daphne begins to get dressed. "Are you even okay to go out there? You got sick yesterday and the day before that." Daphne looks at her boyfriend. "Yeah, I think it was those bad burritos I had yesterday and the day before that." Daphne figures, shrugging it off.

"You mean, the ones I cooked for you."

"Yeah, that's stating that you can't cook to save your life." Daphne chuckled. She sat beside him, getting her shoes on. "Are you gonna get ready or not?" She asked him. "Just give me a minute." Carl looks at the girl and kisses her cheek.

"Okay, I'm gonna get you a new bandage for your eye and then we'll get ready." Daphne told. "What would I do without you?" Carl said, sarcastically. "Mm, crash and burn." Daphne told and smiles at Carl and gets ready to grab his bandages from downstairs.

She meets him back upstairs where he's already getting ready. Daphne walks in and Carl just looks at her, not taking his eyes off of her.

"What?" Daphne asks.

He approaches her and he sighs, "I just... I love you." Daphne smiles at the boy. "I love you, too." She pecks him on the lips and smiles. "Come on, we gotta meet your dad on the intersection."

Daphne and Carl took a van down at a gas station and Carl had a gas container in his hands. They looked around, looking for Rick and they decided to get some more gas when they heard a voice.

"Hi." Both Carl and Daphne immediately turned around and put their guns up, aiming eye level.

Daphne looked over at Carl as she looked around, not knowing where the voice was coming from so she nodded to him, splitting off.

"Yeah. I-I'm okay. I mean... I'm not, but... I've been shot at. Someone threw a microwave at me. So I-I'm just gonna say something my mom used to say and hope for the best here. "Whatever you have of good, spend on the traveler." My mom said that -- that helping the traveler, the person without a home -- that's everything. I'm sure you've seen things, been through things, that you don't trust people. I get it. I get it. I don't, either. I've been through things, too. My mom -- she also said that, "May my mercy prevail over my wrath." It's not all my mom. That -- That one -- That's from the Quran. Probably shouldn't have said that. I don't even know you, but I ha-- I haven't eaten in a few days. You might not even be real." The man explained.