𝒍𝒊. last day on earth

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

DAPHNE DIXON WAS NEVER ONE TO BREAK HER PROMISES. But when it came to helping someone she loved, that was just a risk she was gonna have to take. With no doctor at Alexandria (because of Denise's death and Ben's two-week run), the only option was to go to see Hilltop's doctor, Harlan.

Daphne and Enid both follow Carl as they all go to the armory. "Glenn's still not back. I need to be there for Maggie." Enid tells Daphne. The girl turns around to Enid, "You're not going."

"You're not either," Carl tells Daphne, making her head whip around. "What the hell is that supposed to mean?" Daphne questioned.

"You've gone out three times and something bad always happens. The first time, you had a gun pointed to you. The second time, you, Carol and Maggie were taken and the third time, Denise died. You're not going out there. Something could happen again. And I'm not letting it." Carl told.

Daphne rolls her eyes, "Yeah, but I'm still here. In one piece. This is Maggie we're talking about. I need to be there for her." Daphne couldn't stand if something happened to Maggie and she wasn't there. She needed to be there for you.

"But, you promised." Carl said.

"I know," Daphne said. "But I have to do this. Promise or not." Carl sighs and gives in. "I'm going too, then?" Enid asks. Daphne turns back to the girl. "I am, you're not." Daphne tells. "What?" Enid asks, confused.

"You need to stay back and help protect this place." Daphne tells Enid, hoping she understands. But she doesn't and wants to be there for Maggie. "This place is ready. Most of us have been trained, you know that. If you were worried about an attack, you wouldn't be leaving." Enid reasons.

Daphne turns back to Enid after helping Carl with some weapons. "Do you know how far the Hilltop is? You know what could happen on our way there? Forget it." Daphne told.

"Those Saviors, they're out there. You know what they did to Denise, my dad, Carol, to everyone else here. And that's not happening to you, all right? I'm not gonna let it."

Enid looks towards the weapons as Daphne and Carl each grab a gun. "You want to run into them, right?" Enid guesses. "You hope they show up." Carl and Daphne's glance to one another was enough. Daphne did hope, but she also wanted to be there for Maggie.

"Jesus, this is about getting Maggie to a doctor, not about..." Enid raised her voice. "Screw you both, I'm going." Carl stood in front of Enid. "Enid, stop. Just wait."

Enid looks at Carl. "Get out of my way. Carl!" The boy sighs and looks towards the closet, getting an idea. "Just grab some pistols from the closet. But hurry. We've gotta go now."