𝒙𝒙𝒙𝒗𝒊𝒊. try

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

AFTER NOAH'S DEATH, DAPHNE FELT LIKE SELF-DESTRUCTING. She blamed herself, she had a hold of him, she couldn't have hold onto him for one more minute.

Daphne sat on her couch explaining what happened to Noah hours before to Rick. Rick has already heard Glenn's side of the story and of course, Nicholas was coming up with something entirely different from what Deanna was saying.

Daphne sat on her couch with a blanket wrapped around her and her hands laid upon her head, ruffled. She couldn't even look Rick in the eye as she spoke.

"Glenn and I, we... we both had him. We were stuck in those doors, Nicholas on the other side. All he had to do was wait. But he didn't. He was a coward. He was scared. And then, our doors opened and... Glenn and I, we grabbed onto him. But it wasn't enough. I watched him die. And now he's gone." She explained to Rick as only a tear streamed down her face.

"These people... they're not gonna survive. They're scared and that is just how it's gotta be. We have to teach them." Daphne said to Rick, who nodded. "I know, I know."

He agreed with what Daphne said. These people weren't gonna survive if they weren't taught their lesson. But maybe he didn't fully understand what she meant, because he wanted to take over this place but Daphne just wanted to help teach these people.

Their door had a knock and Drew started to walk to the door. "That's Ben coming to check your head." Drew told as she walked. Rick headed towards the door as Drew answered. "Hi," Ben greeted as he held his med-kit. "Hey." Drew gave him a small smile.

"Rick, it's a pleasure to meet you personally. Ben." Ben held his hand up to shake Rick's. Rick hesitantly shook his hand. "Deanna's son, right?" He asked. "Yeah," Ben nodded. "I'm really sorry about Noah, by the way. He was a good kid. Didn't deserve what he got." Ben apologizes and Rick looks at him confused. He was apologizing for Noah's death when his own brother died on the same run? "I'm sorry about your brother." Rick said. "Must be difficult right now."

Ben shrugged, "I'm sorry about it, too. Appreciate it, though." Rick nods and looks to Drew. "Let me know if you need anything." Drew nods to the trusted leader and says, "Will do."

"It was nice meeting you, Rick." Ben says as Rick walks out the door. Drew closes the door and Ben turns and looks at Drew. "How's she holding up?" He whispers so Daphne doesn't hear in the other room.

"She's, uh, struggling but she's holding up." Drew peeks at her niece in the living room. "I think she's blaming herself because she feels like there's no one else to blame. I mean, I did that, when I lost—" Drew stopped herself. "When I lost someone that was important to me. But she's just a kid, I don't want her to feel like that." She explained and Ben understood her.

"I know," He said and turned over to the girl in the living room. "You must be Daphne." Ben said and the girl nodded hesitantly. Drew walked in beside him. "Don't worry, I know him. Daphne, this is Ben, he's a friend and a doctor here." Drew introduced him.