𝒙𝒍𝒊𝒙. twice as far

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

      IT HAD BEEN ONLY A WEEK SINCE EVERYONE CAME HOME. Daphne honestly didn't know how to feel after the incident. She mostly stayed at her house or Carl's and she wouldn't leave until it was time to go back to her house.

Today, Daphne decided to join her father and had seen that he was talking to Rosita and Denise. "After I got out of DC, I just drove. I remember seeing it right when I realized I had no idea where I was going. Edison's Apothecary and Boutique. It's just this little gift shop in a strip mall, but if it's really an apothecary, they had drugs." Denise was explaining and then looked at Daphne. "Hey, Daphne."

"Hey, what's up?" Daphne looks at Denise and then at her father. "Might be going on a run." Rosita told the girl.

"How do you know they still got 'em?" Daryl asked. "It isn't that far," Denise tells. "I just wanna check. And you and Rosita aren't out scavenging or pulling shifts."

Daryl nods, "We'll go." Denise looks at the two. "I wanted to check. I just wanted to help." She told. "How much time you spend out there?" Daryl questioned curiously. "None." Denise admitted and Daryl shook his head. "Forget it." He said. "I can ID the meds. I know how to use a machete now. I've seen roamers up close. I'm ready."

Daryl looks towards Rosita. "You good with this?" He questions and Rosita scoffs and shakes her head. "No." Denise looks at Daryl. "I'll go alone, if I have to." She says. "You'll die alone." Daryl tells. "I'm asking you to make sure I don't."

Daphne looks at the woman and steps up. "Then, I'll go with." She tells. "Hell no." Daryl remarks, looking at his daughter. "I'm ready to go back out there again." Daphne says. "I said, no." Daryl repeats, trying to make himself clear.

"Dad," Daphne carefully looks at Daryl. "It's been a week. I'm sure it'll be fine out there. I'll be fine. I can take care of myself, you know." She says. "You almost died last time." Daryl spoke. "Well, I'm still here, aren't I?" Daphne says, not giving up.

The girl looks at Denise and says: "I'll go with you." Denise gives a look to the girl and nods, "Okay." Daryl looks to Rosita and she puts a hand to her chest and says: "I'm not babysitting them by myself." Daphne rolls her eyes at Rosita and Denise and her both look at Daryl until he gives in.

"Perfect, I'll get my jacket and gun and I'll be good to go." Daphne says. "We leave in 5." Rosita tells.

Daphne went back into her house and grabbed her navy blue jacket and tied her hair up, leaving only two strands out. She grabbed her dagger and her gun and headed down the street since they were taking a pickup that was parked there.

"Hey," Daphne looked over next door to see Carl coming towards her. "Where you going?" He asked. Daphne sighed and decided to not lie. "Out on a run." She said. "What?" Carl asked.