𝒍𝒊𝒗. go getters

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

           AFTER MICHONNE HAD LEFT, DAPHNE SIGHED AND LOOKED OUTSIDE OF THE WINDOW. "Carl, look." She pointed and had seen Enid starting to climb over the walls.

Daphne headed outside, Carl followed the girl behind her. "Enid." She called. "What are you doing?" Enid heard Daphne but whatever she was gonna say wasn't gonna stop her this time. "I need to see Maggie." She told.

"You're walking to the Hilltop?" Carl asked and both looked up at the girl as she kept going. "It's far."

"I'll be fine." Enid assures. "Maybe." Carl says. "I'll be fine." Enid tells, a little hint of annoyance in her voice lingered. She looked towards Carl and Daphne. "I have better aim than you." Daphne looks up at Enid and says: "Hey." She motions to him and glared at the girl for her insensitive comment.

Enid looked back up and then back at the two. "I didn't mean it that way." She told and Daphne sighs, knowing she didn't mean it. "We're not saving you anymore." Daphne spoke, sighing and thinking maybe Enid would stop. "That's what happened in the armory?" Enid kept going. "You saved me?"

Carl and Daphne both nod. "You made it back in one piece. You both did. You're still here." Enid told and Daphne looks down at the ground. "I'm not talking about that." Enid looks at the couple and says: "I'm sorry you had to see it."

Carl shakes his head. "I'm not," Daphne looks to her boyfriend. "We both aren't." With that, Enid kept going and Daphne and Carl walked back to their houses.

Twenty minutes passed and Daphne couldn't sit back any longer. She packed up her backpack and kept her backup folding knife in her shoe like she always did. She was ready to go and was gonna follow Enid behind the walls when Carl caught her.

"Where you going?" Carl asked. "I'm going after her." Daphne told. "Alone?" Carl questioned and Daphne turns around and jumps off the first step she had been on. She looked at her boyfriend in the eye and sighed.

"I can't lose anyone else." Even if they hadn't talked and they didn't know each other for so long, Daphne really did care about Enid. "So I'm gonna go after her. You comin' or not?" She questioned.

Carl looked around and shrugged, "I don't know about this and you haven't been out there since—" He said and Daphne exhaled sharply, not meeting his eye.

She finally looked at him, ignoring the last thing he had just said. "Are you coming or not?" She asked.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄