Chapter 116: A Soulmate Always Senses (EP. 02)

Why am I always willing to let everything go?

That was the only thought the King of Arendelle had as the schooner gently sailed across the Norwegian Sea; the calm waters barely making a major wave. Aiden sat on the wooden aft while randomly swinging his feet in the air, the moon bathing his skin in its dim glow.

A part of him yearned to explore more of the ship, but he didn't want doing anything with second thoughts. The man who tried to kill him was just locked in there, not capable of anything because of the barrier of his poorly cell.

He glanced at the two other ships traveling just behind them, recognizable soldiers already clinking mugs of mild alcohol. He was just not in the mood to join the celebration, he wanted to enjoy the feeling of solitude while he can. He was burying himself in his thoughts anyway.

But why really, though? As far as he could count, this might be the second time he almost died. What is it with him and death? There is a noticeable rivalry between the two of them, if Grim Reaper exists.

He didn't have any critical injuries, thankfully. Massive bruises because of those damned chains, but nothing too much that can kill. Grr, his thoughts are getting dark. He had to think of something else, something that can just bring up a smile again.

Maybe someone?

His cheeks bloomed at the sudden imagination of her face. His eyes sparkled, it's because of this bubbly feeling that starts with his toes and then up to his face. It tickles, in a good way.

To feel is just so wonderful, how could Elsa cope not feeling? To feel is  a heavenly sensation.

"I brought a little something for Arendelle's newest hero!" Magoo chirped, shoving a filled mug to the perturbed fire wielder. Aiden crinkled his nose at the scent of the foul odor of the drink, "What the— what is this?"

"Ale."

"Thank you, but you can have that." "Wow, you finally share something common with your father. The old man hates ale, too. What's so special about wine?" Magoo pondered.

Aiden chuckled, sweeping his hair back from reaching his eyes, "Your mood finally lightened up. How? You looked so pestered ever since we went on board."

"My complacency finally makes me feel better," Magoo softly smiled, "And, I've learned to accept it there's more to life than going back to the bad that happened years before."

"Indeed," Aiden nodded, "At least one of us had calmed down his thoughts. My mind is swimming in its own pool of wondering."

"Oh? What's the matter?" Magoo sipped from his own mug, licking the make shift beard under his nose. Aiden hugged his knees and sighed, "I almost died. Again."

The half empty mug banged against wood. It rattled the fire king slightly before the ex-trainer rattled him even more, "You WHAT?!"

"You heard me," Aiden groaned. "He.. He tied me up with those chains and threw me off the plank. If it wasn't for Nøkk I could've drowned without any of you all knowing about it."

"While all that near death experience shindig is over, what are you still thinking about?"

All alacrity drained off the king of Arendelle's face. "The fact that I was so calm about it. I was willing to let everything go, what I've gained, what Elsa and I had built. I feel so ashamed about it. Is this how hopeless I am?"

Magoo scratched his head with a bemused look, "Damn, the name ‘Elsa’ always come out of your mouth."

"She's my wife, it's only natural."

"No, you say it in a special way. You say it like it's your life source," Magoo laughed, "She must be a wonderful person... After all, you wouldn't be who are right now if you have not met her."

Aiden's dreamy look did not waver, "Words cannot describe this indescribable swell that I feel for her in my chest. It's been so long since I've first laid my eyes on her, but every second with her is just so momentous."

"Ahuh, I can tell," Magoo rolled his eyes. "She's the reason I stopped this awful acceptance of the future, of what might become of me."

The general peered at him curiously, "What do you mean?"

"I used to predict my future, Magoo. I would just sit down at the edge of my bed, wondering what kind of king I will be. Maybe the king father expects me to be, or the king who will be changed by perhaps a miracle. No, I wasn't desperate for a girl like most princes back then."

"What a surprise, you ended up marrying someone who wasn't interested in romance, too," Magoo guffawed, "Fate must have thought you two would fit perfectly."

"Well, thanks to fate, then." Aiden softly hummed, "I'll treasure the woman fate has given me."

Magoo just shrugged and shifted his gaze at the sky full of stars; muttering a silent wish. Aiden swung his feet back and forth, the swishing noise of the gentle waves drowning the both of them in an air of silence.

"You'll get to experience that kind of love someday, Magoo."

The former trainer looked at him and nodded, "Someday."

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

His bedside feels so cold...

And nothing felt warm. Elsa knew it was a bad sign, a sign she despised feeling but always wanted to know what it meant. Sometimes, torturing yourself with worries means the most. Sometimes, fear was a relative of love.

But why was there this painful ache in her chest that kept preventing her from sleeping peacefully?

She feels like he was just near, softly whispering a love song to her ears while he holds her close. The feeling is just so ghostly. Aiden always carries this kind of warmth everywhere he goes, which she really loved keeping to herself.

Time to time, she would wonder, how did she become a victim of love? This kind of love which stands out among the rest. It felt horribly good. Too good to be true.

But him?

He is real.

Her heart aches for him so badly. She wanted to see him; she wanted to hear his voice, she wanted to see him alive. Breathing, smiling, whole. This man changed her quite a bit... She was starting to sound like Anna. But that was nothing to be ashamed about.

Those dark visions— it made her stomach churn by just thinking of it. Those glimpses only made her think, was he okay? Didn't he lose anything? Anyone for that particular matter? Was he wounded? Was he critically injured? War can damage worse than a bomb.

She glanced at the silver wedding ring on her finger; a bit plain but the words encrypted inside makes her melt by how meaningful it was. Her lips curled upwards by just looking at it.

I've Found You.

It may be so long, but just reading it repeatedly makes her cheeks warm. She slowly made her way for the bassinets which are placed inside seperate cribs. Both of the twins looked so peaceful, so innocent.

She just hoped tomorrow will be fine.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"ELSA!"

The ice queen groaned and blocked the ginger's voice with a pillow, a muffled, lazy moan escaping her parted lips. Anna face palmed and threw herself on the older woman and hissed, "Els! You have to thaw the barrier! One of the look outs saw the ship nearing the coastline!"

Her body felt like it was electrified. She scrambled up to her feet and threw the doors open, slipping up her shoes and running down the stairs with incredible speed.

She tried to make herself look more presentable and smoothened down her hair, some guards eyeing her in confusion on why was she in such a hurry.

"Elsa! Wait up!" Anna huffed, "You're still in your night gown!"

To be continued on the next chapter...