• C H A P T E R 3 | A P H M A U •

∞𑁍♫ 𝑌𝑒𝑠𝑡𝑒𝑟𝑑𝑎𝑦, 𝚃𝚘𝚍𝚊𝚢, 𝕋𝕠𝕞𝕠𝕣𝕣𝕠𝕨 & 𝓐𝓵𝔀𝓪𝔂𝓼 | 𝐀𝐚𝐫𝗺𝐚𝐮 𝐀𝐔 - 𝐧𝐱𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐛𝐲𝐳𝐭 ♫𑁍∞

∞᪥♫ ʜ ' s  ♫᪥∞

We waited silently for several minutes. When my eyes got used to the dark, the Shadow Monster didn't scare me as much anymore.  And at that moment, he wasn't the possible cold blooded murderer I was scared of. Instead, he was just a basic annoying person that I wanted to get away from. Possibly because he had previously laughed at everything I'd said, previously.

Even though I was making up stupid lies a few minutes ago to protect myself, I wasn't someone who was easily intimidated by people. Usually. Some situations were an exception.

I squinted my eyes at him and tried to look at him more closely. He really didn't seem as intimidating as before. I tried to make out the details on his face to make sure he wasn't an actual shadow monster.

I was being ridiculous again.

"You realize that if we stay here for a long time we're going to start getting hungry, right?" he asked calmly. I didn't answer. I was giving him attitude by not talking. Yes, I was giving attitude to someone I didn't even know, couldn't see the face of and was stuck in an elevator with.

"Maybe food isn't an extremely big problem but how long can we go without water?" Now, he was trying to get me to speak. When I still didn't speak, he continued. "Okay, food and water aside, I'm actually curious about what we're gonna do when our bladders start disturbing us." he said with amusement.

I froze. My legs were starting to hurt and they shook with a weak reflex. I attempted to try to figure out how close I was to that dreaded moment.

"I guess we're going to find out soon." he said with a chuckle.

"Do you not have any manners!?" I barked.

He sighed in relief and I could practically hear him smile.

"Do I have to embarrass you to get you to talk to me?"

I crossed my arms in annoyance.

"I don't believe us talking is necessary." I answered.

"Oh come on. We're stuck in here together, alone and it seems like we're not getting out anytime soon. It doesn't hurt to chat a bit."

He was right. When we waited silently in the dark, time didn't seem to pass. As I was about to tell him I agreed with him, my mind went other places.

"What are we going to do if we need to use the bathroom?" Andddd his annoying laughter was back. Annoyed, I continued bullshitting. "I meant what are we going to do when we need to take care of our needs? I meant it for food and water too." But he kept giggling. I looked at him angrily. "Could you please stop laughing at everything I say?" I snapped.

The Shadow Monster shook his head.

"I don't know if I should be happy or sad that I got stuck with you out of everyone in this building. You're weird but funny.."

And I went back to acting like an angry child. I am not funny! Before I got stuck in this annoying elevator with this annoying man, I was a serious and calm business woman. But now I was trying to figure out where to pee! Plus, my legs were starting to hurt a lot. Even though I wanted to assert my dominance, I knew nothing good would come from pointlessly tiring myself.

I put my bag on the floor, took off my high heeled red bottoms and stepped on the elevator floor that was covered with a fluffy expensive carpet. I fixed the collar of my shirt. Then, I sat down while holding onto my skirt, making sure it didn't reveal anything. The second my butt touched the ground, I let out a breath of relief. Sometimes, your pride was heavier than you could handle.

I wasn't looking at him but I could feel his eyes on me, scanning my whole body. We both shifted in our spots at the same time. When we both settled, our feet were so close that they were almost touching. But contrary to before, the idea of him invading my personal space didn't seem to phase me. It shocked me and I could tell he was shocked too.

"What, potato? Not scared of me anymore?" he asked and I could practically hear him smirking.

I shrugged and replied with a careless tone. "No."

"Good..." he said and I could feel him smiling. We both were silent for a minute but then suddenly, he started talking. "If I asked you why you screamed, would you tell me?" he asked.

His soft gentle and deep voice bounced off of the walls and hit me. When I recalled that moment, my scream rang in my ears. Ugh..

"I guess I wouldn't." I replied, trying to keep my formality.

He waited. Then he let out a long and meaningful "Hmmmmm...." and then, silence again.

I tapped my fingers frustratedly on the soft carpet. I bit my lower lip and probably bit off all of the red lipstick on my bottom lip. I planned out everything I would be doing when I got back to work for the fourth time in my head. I looked up at the ceiling and started counting the minutes. The silence was boring.

"What's your name?" I asked him.

He didn't answer for a while. If he doesn't answer, my embarrassment is going to increase ten fold. I wished I'd just stayed silent and gotten lost in my thoughts.

"Aaron." He finally answered. "What's yours?"

I relaxed. "Irene" I answered, politely.

"For a weird girl, you have a divine name."

Even though I was hesitant, I answered.

"I actually have a middle name but I don't even recall it's existence unless I look at my birth certificate. My grandma had added it to my name."

He shifted slightly. I could tell he was interested. "And tell me, what is that name?"

This time I was even more hesitant. Because, I had to admit, it was a very weird name. Only my inner circle knew about it. But the only place this name had in my life was on paperwork about me. What harm could telling it to someone I'd never see again bring?

"Aphmau."

At first, he stayed silent. Then, his annoying chuckles filled the elevator and I regretted telling him my middle name. How old was he, seven?

∞𑁍♫ 𝑌𝑒𝑠𝑡𝑒𝑟𝑑𝑎𝑦, 𝚃𝚘𝚍𝚊𝚢, 𝕋𝕠𝕞𝕠𝕣𝕣𝕠𝕨 & 𝓐𝓵𝔀𝓪𝔂𝓼 | 𝐀𝐚𝐫𝗺𝐚𝐮 𝐀𝐔 - 𝐧𝐱𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐛𝐲𝐳𝐭 ♫𑁍∞

Hey guys! Sorry that this chapter is a bit short but I hope you enjoyed it nonetheless! I wanted to let y'all know that I'm going on a small break after this chapter. It won't be long, just until I finish a few assignments and drawings. Even I need breaks every once in a while to take care of my irl responsibilities even though I seem very careless and free most of the time. At least publicly.

Anyway, I hope you're excited for when I come back from my break and you should be. When I take care of everything, I'll come back with a BOOM! Please stay healthy, wash your hands, stay inside, get enough sleep and take care of yourselves. I love y'all so much! 🥺💖

~Vi 💜❤️

Word Count: 1227 words ❤️💜