• C H A P T E R 2 | S H A D O W M O N S T E R ? •

∞𑁍♫ 𝑌𝑒𝑠𝑡𝑒𝑟𝑑𝑎𝑦, 𝚃𝚘𝚍𝚊𝚢, 𝕋𝕠𝕞𝕠𝕣𝕣𝕠𝕨 & 𝓐𝓵𝔀𝓪𝔂𝓼 | 𝐀𝐚𝐫𝗺𝐚𝐮 𝐀𝐔 - 𝐧𝐱𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐛𝐲𝐳𝐭 ♫𑁍∞

∞᪥♫ ʜ ' s  ♫᪥∞

The elevator just stopped!

A few seconds later, alarms around the building started going off. Before I could even comprehend what was going on the man behind me quickly reached over and pressed the alarm button. And like that, our elevator joined the ringing elevators.

In the following minutes, the alarms started getting lower and lower and finally stopped. Whatever the issue was, clearly we weren't the only ones having it. A few moments later, the voice behind me spoke again.

"I thought your scream triggered the alarms for a second there." He said, teasingly.

Yes, he was teasing me. I put my embarrassment from a few minutes ago aside and started waiting for the moment that I'd start internally freaking out about the situation. After all, we were stuck in an elevator. Maybe I should've been having an anxiety attack but oddly enough, I felt calm.

I guess I don't have claustrophobia. I already knew that. Even when I was little, I'd hide in the smallest hiding spots while playing hide and seek. But I wasn't inside the safety of my house, I was stuck inside one of the elevators of the highest skyscraper in the city with a man I didn't know.

I was stuck inside an elevator with a man I didn't know!

Then I started freaking out. I gulped loudly. I started imagining the worst scenarios. Murderer, thief, rapist..! This man next to me, could've been any of those. I thought about which one would have worse consequences and when the worst one came to mind, I gulped loudly once again. All of the above!

I took a deep breath and tried to calm down. I was being ridiculous. Even if he was one of those, he wouldn't dare do something like that to me in a place like this. Would he?

While I pushed away my thoughts, I turned around and buttoned my top few unbuttoned buttons. I wanted a clear look of his face but in the dark, all I could see was a huge shadow.

At that moment, the man in the shadows seemed like a 7 ft tall shadow monster to me. His might scared me so badly that, the words MURDERER, THIEF, RAPIST started flashing in my mind. That caused words that even I didn't believe to come out of my mouth.

"I'm married and I have two kids! Also, my dad is a policeman! No, not just a policeman. He's the sheriff!"

When my sentence found my ears, I was definitely more embarrassed than I was when I screamed. What the fuck did I just say?

I waited for his reaction to what I said. After a while of listening to his breathing, I realized he was trying to hold back a laugh. Yes, I wasn't the only one who was aware of my idiocy. Even though we were both aware I was being hilariously stupid, instead of laughing at me, he took a deep breath and hummed.

"Hmmm..."

Hmmm? That's it?

Moments later, he calmly started speaking.