I almost wanted to ask just how much was his family worth but decided against it. We're easily talking about billions of dollars. That's extremely intimidating and if I meditate on the fact too long, I will begin to feel inferior and out of place. It doesn't matter how much money they're worth. They're just people.

"Why so much? I mean you can't honestly think marrying me is worth that?"

"Yes, it is. I can't think of anyone more adept to this position than you. So this is my final offer, if you don't take it that's it I guess." He shrugged his shoulders, sinking his hands into his pockets.

He looked like a forlorn child. As much as I hated it, it tugged on my heartstrings a little. The offer of a hundred million dollars was also quickly chipping away at my morals. Between how pitiful Beckham seemed to appear at the thought that I would refuse him, and how unbelievable his new proposal was... I found myself leaning more towards saying yes.

We stood in silence for a while. Just staring at each other as I thought everything through. What would this mean for Jayce? I mean I could protect her from all this for a while- it's not like I would marry Beckham tomorrow. In the long term, it's inevitable. She'd be involved. That money would obviously change our lives, but nothing is more important then her. Not even a hundred million dollars...

"Okay, but I have conditions. I don't want anymore money from you. Well at least not for me." I finally spoke up breaking the silence, "#1 I want us to sit down and with our lawyers and lay out in detail what this would look like. Everything must be mutually agreed upon. #2 Sex cannot be written into the contract, neither can the conception of children. #3 I want you to help me open a non-profit cancer facility once I get my medical license."

Beckham looked at me with surprise probably shocked that I actually agreed, but I'd kind of have to be an idiot not to.

"Um yes, all of that is more than reasonable." A small smile spread across his face.

"Don't get too excited, we need to talk... I need to tell you about Jayce-Lynn. Cause she's the one reason I would walk away from all of this." I started, walking over to the bed, sitting down.  I motioned to Beckham to come sit next to me.

This is maybe the third or fourth time I've told this story, in my entire life. I told Ms. April, and I obviously told my lawyer and the judge, that's how I got custody of Jayce to begin with. But I hate sharing it. It causes everyone to see me differently, to pity me. Which I don't understand because Jayce is not a burden to me. She's my family. It's literally my job to take care of her.

"Jayce-Lynn is my little sister. Um, two years ago I gained custody of her after my mom and stepfather died in a car accident. She's four. Which makes it hard because she remembers enough to know I'm not her mom, but is too young to remember much about her parents. I'm all she has, and she's the most important thing in my life. So if you can't make this work with her, or make this work for her. Then the deal's off." I looked into his eyes, "I'm not robbing her of her childhood. I refuse to be the person who takes something else away from her."

"Wow, okay... I'm so sorry about your parents. Um., Whatever you think is best for Jayce is what I'll agree to. You've been taking care of her for this long, you'll know what to do" He placed his hand on my knee, encouragingly.

I tried to fight back my tears. That's the other reason I hate talking about it. I never got the chance to mourn my mother's death. Right after they died I had to worry about getting custody of Jayce, I never got to even mourn their death.

"Hey, it's okay" Beckham whispered as I tried to wipe away the tears piling up in my eyes. He me into his chest, and despite everything within me attempting to resist, I let out a loud sob.