Chapter 18. Teach Me

Start from the beginning

Austin disappeared into the warehouse and came out with a gun the same as I sold Arturo. Austin loaded the gun and pointed it toward the trees. Austin fired several rounds from the gun.

The Cali Cartel watched with awestruck expressions. Their eyes danced with excitement.

"My point. Your sources were wrong. Any other questions?" I asked.

"I'll take five of those," Arturo said.

I thought about it for a moment, trying to count in my head. "I can do three. The rest are already sold to some other clients," I explained.

"Okay," Arturo said.

Luis went into the warehouse to grab two more of the same guns and came back out. Arturo handed me the cash for the three guns.

We got back into the van and drove toward home. I dropped Luis off on the way.

Austin looked at me. His expression told me there was something he wanted to tell me.

"What?" I asked.

Austin looked as if he were thinking hard about what to say. "I'm moving out," he said.

"What? Why?" I asked, surprised.

"Carley and I found a place we both want. We figured there isn't a point in waiting until we're married to move in together. Besides Ace is home, you'll be fine," Austin said and shrugged.

I sighed. "So, when is this happening?" I asked as we pulled into the driveway.

"Two weeks," Austin said.

"That's fast," I muttered.

"We already got the place. We were just waiting on everything to settle. I know Ace doesn't remember how things work, but you can teach him. Ace isn't dumb. He'll learn it pretty quick," Austin said.

"It's a lot to teach," I muttered.

Austin chuckled and nodded.

"I kind of saw it coming anyway. I figured Carley and you would want your own place."

"It's not far from you. I told Carley in case something happened that I wanted to be close to you. After everything that has happened, I'm not going far."

"It's not your job to take care of us," I said softly. "I appreciate your help, though. More than you will ever know." I smiled at him.

"It feels like it's my job, especially when my brother can't. I'd never leave you guys hanging. You know that," he said. He didn't look at me as he spoke.

I grabbed his hand in mine and gave it a squeeze. "Thank you," I said.

"You're welcome," he said.

I dropped his hand, and we climbed out of the van. "It's going to be a little strange with you not around," I said.

Austin threw his arm around my shoulder as we walked into the foyer. "Don't even downplay it, sis. It is going to be boring as fuck without me around," Austin said.

"Oh, that ego you Garcia boys have," I said and rolled my eyes.

Austin threw his head back and laughed.

"What's so funny?" Ace asked as he strolled into the foyer.

"Your brother's ego, it's hilarious," I muttered.

Austin fist-bumped Ace and went upstairs.

I shook my head with a small smile.

"What's going on?" Ace asked.