Chapter 9. Torture

Aria

The place was quiet. Austin and Luis helped me through the window. We decided that I would be the only one to go in. We knew Ace wasn't here. Every room had a camera at almost every angle. The Chinese were very paranoid. They even had Benny's old room on camera.

"Are you in?" Benny asked.

"Yes," I breathed.

"He's walking up the stairs now. The best bet, for now, is to see if he comes to you. You need to do this as fast and as quietly as possible. Do you have your syringe ready?" Benny asked.

"Yes," I whispered. In the event that something went wrong, they would hear me.

"Do you have the cameras off?" I murmured.

"You're invisible," Benny promised.

"Where is he now?"

"He's coming down the hallway. Crack the door slightly. When you see him pass, grab him. Don't kill him if you can help it," Benny said and chuckled.

"Obviously." I rolled my eyes.

Feng Zhao was no use to us if he was dead. As quietly as I could, I cracked open the door.

"He's getting closer," Benny whispered.

Why is he whispering?

"Fuck, this was a bad idea," Austin hissed. "I should have gone with her."

I wanted to tell Austin I could handle myself, but I couldn't chance Feng hearing me. Feng slowly stopped at the door; I froze. I let go of the breath I held as he continued to walk. As soon as he couldn't see me, I opened the door and stepped out of it.

My steps were quiet and measured. I got behind him. My heart pounded against my ribs.

"Now, Aria!" Benny shouted.

I jumped onto Feng's back and covered his mouth with my hand. I took the syringe and stabbed him in the neck with it. Feng staggered around. He slammed me against the wall. My head bounced off the wall, and it hurt, but I stayed silent as I continued to pump the contents into his neck. He slowly dropped, and his eyes shut.

"Ha!" I grunted quietly. "Success! Fuck you, guys!"

The boys all laughed into the mic.

"Yeah, Yeah, good job, boss. Now get the fuck out of there!" Benny hissed.

Feng was pretty heavy. I grunted as I dragged him into the room I had been hiding in. As soon as I got into the room, I closed the door and locked it. Through the second story window, I saw Austin and Luis below with a sheet ready to catch him.

Somehow, I managed to get Feng through the window. He landed on the sheet. "Alright, Aria, come on," Austin huffed.

Miguel and Diego ran away with Feng still in the sheet. Just as I knelt into the frame of the window, the door bursted open. Two men with guns stood in the doorframe.

A gasp escaped me. I turned back and threw myself out the window as they fired their weapons. The glass shattered as I fell toward the ground. Austin's eyes widened. I wasn't going to land on my feet. Austin quickly ran toward me and caught me bridal style.

We both looked up and saw the two men. The men paused. They poked their guns out the window and aimed at us. Austin sat me down. We took off in a sprint as more shots are fired.

The van whipped around the corner, and the door swung open. Both of us jump inside, and my dad peeled away.

"Good fucking job, kiddo," Dad said and smiled at me.