Chapter 18. Teach Me

Aria

Angel informed me a while ago that Ace ran back to his place. I hadn't heard anything and wondered if he came back yet. I went out to the backyard.

I stopped dead in my tracks when I saw them. Ace twirled a stick around really fast. Angel watched him awestruck and held onto a different stick.

When Ace finished, Angel clapped. "Wow, that was awesome!" Angel shouted.

Ace chuckled. "So, do you want to learn?"

"Hell yeah!" Angel said excitedly.

The boys hadn't noticed me yet. I stared at Ace in shock. I knew everything that Ace could do, and I knew nothing of this. "What in the fuck is that?" I asked.

Ace spun around to face me. "Bo staff," Ace answered. "It's a form of martial arts. I learned a lot of that in China."

"Hmm," I hummed. "Well, at least one good thing came from it."

"I'll teach you too, bebita." Ace smirked and wiggled his eyebrows.

A giggle escaped me. "Teach Angel first. I have other things to do."

"Like?" Ace asked.

"I have to meet with the Cali Cartel. They're a bit pissed off with me, as usual," I muttered.

"Why?" Ace asked worriedly.

"The last shipment of guns was a different brand. They're out of their minds if they think they're getting something different, though. I have no idea why I agreed to get back in business with them again. We had this problem years ago," I said.

"Do you want me to go with you?" he asked.

"I'm not sure that is a good idea. We have to keep a low profile with you. We can't have everyone knowing that you're around. If word gets back to Bohai, we're fucked," I muttered.

"Okay," Ace said and shrugged.

"I'll be back in a bit," I said.

They both waved goodbye to me.

Austin stood in the foyer waiting for me along with Luis.

"Ready?" I asked.

"When you are boss," Austin said. We headed out to the black van. Once inside, I started the van and pulled out. "Maybe Ace should be getting back into some of this," Austin said.

My gaze met his. "Are you crazy?" I asked in disbelief. "Right now, Ace has to stay hidden."

Austin scoffed. "Come on, Aria. The Cali Cartel has no ties to the Chinese. Most of the ones we deal with don't have those ties. That's what makes us so much bigger than the others. The Cali Cartel doesn't deal with anyone that is not Hispanic."

I sighed. "Fine, you're right. I'll make a list of who he can deal with for now."

Austin nodded in agreement.

I pulled into the south side warehouse; I saw Cali Cartel's Escalade.

Arturo stood there with three of his men. "Arturo," I greeted him.

"Aria," he said politely. "You're switching things up on me again. People aren't happy. Why do you do this?"

"I had no choice but to switch. They're not even making the other brands anymore. This is a good brand. It was no cheaper for me to buy. That is why your price didn't change," I explained. "Have you ever tried firing one?"

"No, I guess I haven't. I was told the brand was garbage," he said.

"Whoever told you that doesn't know shit about guns then," I said and smirked. "Austin?" I arched my head back to look at him.