Chapter 16. Decoy

Start from the beginning

We walked back over to the gate, opened it up, and walked through it. We helped Benny carry bags of explosives. We wired the outside of the entire building.

"Let's go grab the kids," I muttered to Ace.

We snuck through the back door without anyone noticing. The boys were busy outside, still wiring the house. Ace left a bomb near the foyer before we crept upstairs.

When we got upstairs, Ace suddenly grabbed my arm. We staggered down another hallway. I stumbled into him. Ace's arms wrapped around my waist.

"What?" I whispered.

"Shh," he hushed me. He leaned against a wall as I leaned against him. He slowly peeked his head around the corner but brought it back quickly. He pushed me toward a door and opened it slowly. It was dark, so he pushed me inside. I pulled my phone out to shed some light. We were in a closet.

"What did you see?" I whispered.

"They have a guard in the hall," Ace whispered. Both our chests rose and fell. "Maybe you should stay here. I can deal with him."

"So can I," I argued.

"Bebita—" he started.

"Don't you, bebita me, honey. I got this," I muttered. I opened the door and messed my hair. Ace followed me out but stayed around the corner as I walked out.

"Excuse me," I slurred. I staggered and pretended to be drunk.

The man's eyes flickered suspiciously to mine. When he saw me, his eyes widened and swept over me.

"Do you know where the um bathroom is? This house is so huge," I stammered.

He grabbed my arm to steady me. I stared into his eyes and smiled. He helped me to the bathroom just a few feet from where we stood. I turned to face the guard.

Ace watched me through narrowed eyes a few feet away. I slid my hand up my skirt with a devious smile. The man's jaw dropped, and he watched as my skirt lifted slightly.

Suddenly, Ace stood behind him. Ace grabbed each side of the man's head and spun it so fast and hard that the man's neck snapped.

I huffed in irritation. "I told you I could handle it."

"I don't care," Ace spat. Ace grabbed my arms and pinned me against the door that I stood in front of. "I fucking hate it when other guys look at you." His eyes darkened.

Oh, he ain't playing. My eyes widened.

His lips caught mine. So suddenly, I barely had time to register the kiss. There was a possessiveness to the kiss, and that was so like Ace. A moan built in the back of my throat, and he broke the kiss.

"You're so sexy when you're jealous," I teased.

Ace narrowed his eyes at me, and I giggled. He pulled me down the hallway, and we checked different rooms for kids. We left bombs in empty rooms. We found five children. We didn't let them get a good look at us.

We made it out of the mansion. My dad pulled a van up near the gate. We had the kids blindfolded so that they couldn't see us. Most of them were young. My dad would drop them off a block from the police station.

Once in the van, we waited for Benny.

Benny jumped inside. Benny breathed erratically. "Okay, ready?" Benny asked.

"Blow this bitch," Joey said impatiently.

Benny hit the button on the remote that ignited all the same bombs. The mansion exploded.