Val Meets Mr. Squirrels Goes to Washington

I don't own Girl Meets Word!!!

"Current events. Somebody tell me what's going on in the world." Cory started his class.

"Stuff happened in some country, some team won a game, and it's cold somewhere with a chance of I don't care. Am I all caught up?" Maya snarked.

"Yeah. Your education's complete. Anybody who's gonna turn out well got something to say?" Cory begged the rest of the class "Lucas."

"All the news is about the elections." The Texan sighed.

"So are all the commercials." Farkle shrugged.

"Why should we care about the elections when we don't get to vote?" Riley questioned.

"Who else feels that way?" Cory asked and the whole class except for Val and Annie raised their hands "Well, that's a shame, guys, because this world's gonna belong to you soon."

"The one you messed up?" Maya asked.

"Yeah, thanks anyway." Lucas scoffed.

"Oh, so you got problems with this planet you're inheriting?"

"When I read the news, it makes me feel like this isn't even a world I'd want to rule." Farkle sighed.

Val whipped her head around to look at the genius so fast she cricked her neck "What? Ow."

"Wow, Farkle. I've never heard you say anything like that before." Riley gasped, concern etched on her face.

"I'm a visionary, Riley." Farkle shrugged "I look ahead. You. Me. Mars. Let's do this thing."

"Have fun with the seven month flight." Annie giggled.

"Wait a minute. Wait a minute." Cory paused the discussion "You guys are supposed to be optimistic. Future leaders. You don't get cynical until high school."

"I think you mean depressed." Val and Annie intoned.

"Why don't you elect people who care enough to make things better?" Lucas asked.

"I like to think I do every time I vote. But the truth is, I'm not responsible for the quality of people running for office."

"How are these people even chosen?" Riley asked.

"Well, the parties choose the best candidates they can come up with." Cory explained.

The door to the classroom was flung open and Uncle Eric burst in. He stood there panting for a moment then clapped Cory on the back.

"I am running for senator of the grape state of New York." He huffed "And I need your votes."

"Hi Uncle Eric." Val grinned and waved.

"He's your Uncle?" Zay asked "I don't believe that."

"Hello Niche Valentine." Eric grinned.

"By the way, kids don't vote." Val said.

"Then uh-oh!" Uncle Eric shouted in her ear.

"Everybody close your books, it's the end of the world." Cory sighed.

"I'm really dizzy." Eric smiled "I've done this in every classroom." He slumped over Val's desk and started snoring.

"Oh, boy." Annie groaned.

***

They were all at Topanga's Bakery after school with Uncle Eric and the rest of the Matthews family plus Katy Hart.

"So they plucked me off the street and they hustled me into a limousine like I was fancy." Uncle Eric was explaining how he got nominated.

"I think you got kidnapped a little bit." Val told him.