Q&A

Hey! Here's the Q&A from the last chapter!!!

hannah-lupin
Q: What I look like and favorite movie?
A: I've got shoulder length, darkish blonde hair, grey-blue eyes, and I'm usually really pale. Here's a picture.

Usually my hair is just slightly wavy, not curly, I curled it for this picture

Usually my hair is just slightly wavy, not curly, I curled it for this picture. My favorite movie is probably anything in the Marvel, Disney, or Star Wars universes, I can't pick one. I also really enjoy Harry Potter as a story but I do not agree with J.K. Rowling's transphobic views.

HamiltonLover0
Q: Favorite thing about writing this book?
A: I have a lot of favorites about this book. The audience reactions, how Val has grown and changed over the course of this book, and how much she and the other characters have helped me grow and get past hard times. But one of my favorite parts is how this book has been received, I love getting comments about it and people saying they enjoyed it. I especially love how many people say things like "Can I marry Annie?" That just makes me so happy.

Alexoftheweebs
Q: How did I get into writing?
A: I started with a Once Upon a Time fanfiction (that has since been abandoned) in 2017. I was at a six week summer theatre camp and I started to write in my free time, originally I wrote a short story and showed it to some of my friends at the camp, they said I should try my hand at writing other stuff.

I had a lot of time to write after the second week (my roommate had gotten kicked out for doing drugs) so I was alone in the dorm room. It wasn't so bad, but I'm terrible at socializing so I started to write fan fiction about the TV shows I was watching at the time. I am also an introvert and all the campers would spend all day, from 6:30am to about 11pm with each other. I needed a little space sometimes to recharge and writing was a good way for me to do that.

I had joined Wattpad to read a story one of my brother's friends had written about my brother and his then girlfriend, mostly so I could tease him. From there I started to read a lot of fanfiction about the TV shows/movies/books I was into at the time. I started to get ideas for stories, I drew inspiration from a lot of different stories and kind of stuck them together in my head. I liked some tropes and not others and I started making them up in my imagination before I went to sleep (maladaptive daydreaming I think my therapist called it). Eventually I started writing them down and the rest is history.

greekclouds
Q: What chapter am I most excited to write/chapter got me excited?
A: I really liked writing the original chapters and Val Meets Flaws, Val Meets I am Farkle, Val Meets Rileytown, and the last chapter Val Meets Texas (part 1). I enjoyed coming up with my own storylines for the original chapters even though I had a really difficult time with it. Those chapters also were based on ideas from other people (Val Meets Valentines Day, Val Meets Annie, etc.) and I liked being able to incorporate their ideas and requests into the story. I think I'm most excited to write the high school chapters, I have a few ideas bouncing around in my head for them already and I'm looking forward to writing them out.