Val Meets Texas (Part 2)

I don't own Girl Meets World!!!

Previously...

"It's exactly what you're doing. You're asking me to break the boy I love's heart so your best friend, who has never been my friend by the way, can have a so called 'chance with him?'" Val made quotation marks with her fingers "No way in Hell, Riley. We may be young, but I care about Lucas a lot. And I've done the whole giving up thing before, I'm not putting myself through that again."

"But you didn't give him up, you're with him now!" Riley complained.

"Yeah! 'Cause I realized it was a stupid and unfair decision, for both of us." Val replied, rolling her eyes "I realized that my personal happiness matters just as much as yours. I realized that I wasn't fair to Lucas, turning him down for you when he had no romantic feelings for you. I'm not giving up someone who makes me happy, who I hope I make happy too, for you or for Maya."

Val turned to go back inside but Riley grabbed her arm "Val, please."

Val wrenched her arm away "I'll say this one more time, so clean out your ears and listen up. I am not breaking up with Lucas for you or for Maya. My happiness matters just as much as either of yours."

She walked back inside, letting the door swing shut behind her, closing with finality, leaving Riley outside staring after her sister.

***

Riley had reentered and told Lucas that she loved him like a brother, glaring at Val the whole time. Lucas was extremely confused by what was happening and said nothing more than a very awkward "Um, okay?"

Farkle watched Riley with thinly veiled suspicion, knowing she was up to something, but what he didn't know. Maya stayed silent, avoiding eye contact with everyone. Zay could sense the tension between the Matthews sisters, it was high and with the glares Riley was shooting at her sister she seemed to want something. Val simply sat with Lucas's arm around her shoulders, her arms crossed as she firmly looked anywhere but Riley.

Lucas noticed the hostility too and quickly stood up "I need some air. Val, wanna join me?"

"Sure. Just let me change quickly, it was a little chilly out there." Val headed to the room she'd changed in before.

"Okay, I'll meet you out there." Lucas agreed and walked out onto the porch.

Zay shot Riley and Maya a suspicious look before he followed his friend out without a word. Farkle, however, was in no mood to stay silent.

"What was that?" He questioned.

"I figured out my feelings for Lucas." Riley shrugged "He's my brother and I'm his sister. That's that."

Farkle frowned "Mm-hmm? Is that so? And how'd you figure that out?"

Riley hesitated for a fraction, looking like a deer in headlights before she calmed herself "When he was riding the bull, I realized I only love him like a brother, nothing more."

"Yeah? Okay." Farkle scoffed "See, I don't believe you in the slightest. I don't know what's going on yet, but you'd better believe me when I say that I'll figure it out."

Val stepped out of the room in a dark blue dress with white flowers on it and a purple jacket "Farkle, want to come outside?"

"Yeah." Farkle turned on his heel and hurried out the front door to join the others on the porch.

Pappy Joe was already out there, sitting in an old rocking chair. Zay was on a bench where Farkle joined him while Val joined Lucas, who wrapped his arms around her, at the railing, looking out at the thousands of stars in the sky.