Val Meets Belief

I don't own Girl Meets World!!!

Val, Annie, and Maya walked down the hall towards their lockers, chatting idly. Riley skipped down the stairs, freezing when she saw the three girls before she decided to insert herself in their conversation.

"You know why it's a great day?" Riley asked, looping her arm around Maya's shoulders.

Maya shrugged her off "For you, because it's a day."

"For me," Annie jumped in "Because you're going to leave us alone today. Right?"

"Endless possibilities lie ahead."

Maya glanced down and spotted a five dollar bill on the floor "Ooh! Looky here, what should we buy?" She snatched it up and showed it off to Val and Annie.

"Cookies." Annie grinned.

"I was gonna say sodas, but cookies sound good." Val agreed.

"You're not buying anything." Riley scowled "That money isn't yours."

"It was on the ground, and it's only five bucks." Val sighed "Calm down."

Riley persisted "Maya, somebody dropped that."

"Yeah, and?" Annie rolled her eyes "You know the saying 'Finders keepers, losers weepers.' It's five dollars on the floor of our middle school. It's not going to make or break somebody's life."

"How could you live knowing that belonged to someone else?" Riley tried "Put it back."

"This is my only source of income." Maya joked.

The bell trilled as Riley crossed her arms "Read what it says, Maya. 'In God we trust.'"

Maya rolled her eyes "Seriously, you're gonna go all the way there?"

"Don't you believe someone is always watching to see if you do the right thing?"

"Nah, that's a little too Big Brother, aah! Police state! We're always watching you OoOoOo!" Annie pretended to shiver.

Val poked her friend in the ribs, making her jump "Go to class, you nerd. Let Dad know we're on our way."

"You're the nerd." Annie teased, but stepped into the classroom anyway.

"Maya?" Riley chose to ignore the other two girls in favor of the blonde, making her eyes big and pleading.

Maya reached out, placed her hands on Riley's shoulders and turned her so she was facing the other way "Not anymore."

Riley turned back to glare "You know what I'm talking about."

"And you know what I'm talking about?" Maya fanned herself with the bill "Double chocolate chip cookies."

"Ooh, yum!" Val grinned "That sounds delicious!"

"No, no cookies." Riley scolded the two ineffectively "It's not your money."

Maya sighed and headed into the classroom, leaving the twins behind.

"Val?" Riley asked hopefully "You know it's wrong to take other peoples money."

"Oh my-" Val cut herself off "You are such a hypocrite sometimes, you know that?"

"But-"

"No buts!" Val sighed "I would agree with you if it was a case of taking money out of another person's wallet, sound familiar? But it's not. It's five freakin' dollars on the ground. You're making this into a much bigger deal than it actually is. Can you just relax for once?"

Riley blushed, she had forgotten the times she'd "borrowed" money from Val, but that was different. They were sisters, and Riley had paid her back...eventually.