Chapter 9. Torture

Start from the beginning

A smile played on my lips in response.

"Great, the deed is done. Can we please get the fuck out of China?" Benny pleaded.

All of us laughed and nodded in agreement. The truth was, I couldn't wait to get home and see my babies. I was also excited to see the look on Bailey's face when she saw Benny.

***

During the plane ride home, I got ahold of Bailey. I told her to be at the mansion. The vehicle pulled into the long driveway. Benny gave me a nervous glance.

"What?" I asked.

"What if things aren't the same, Aria?" Benny asked and fidgeted. "I've been gone for so long. For all, I know she moved on or doesn't feel that way for me anymore." Benny swallowed nervously and looked away.

"Come on, Benny. She's the same Bailey, I promise. She misses you, just like I miss Ace."

"Are you sure?" he asked worriedly.

"I'm sure," I insisted.

We reached the mansion. Bailey got out of her car as we pulled up.

"Let me get out first," I told Benny. Benny nodded in agreement. Benny stared through the tinted window and looked curiously at her.

Bailey smiled when she saw me climb out of the limousine. "Hey, what is going on?" Bailey asked. "You said it is important."

A small smile spread across my face. I took Bailey's hand in mine and pulled her toward the car.

"This is going to come as a shock, okay?" I asked as I stood behind her. I prepared myself to catch my best friend in case she collapsed.

"Uh, okay? What is it? You're scaring me," she said and chuckled humorlessly.

"Take a deep breath," I instructed.

Bailey did as I said. The limousine door opened. Benny slowly got out of the car.

Bailey's eyes widened in shock. She threw her hands over her mouth. She hunched over slightly as she took in what she saw. "Oh my god!" Bailey screamed. "Oh, god! No, no, no! How?" Needless to say, I was right. The look on her face was priceless. It was worth seeing her reaction. Bailey's legs shook, and I supported some of her weight.

Benny stepped slowly toward her. A small crooked smile formed on his lips. "Hi, baby," he murmured.

Bailey shook uncontrollably as tears rolled down her face. She threw herself at Benny. Benny wrapped his arms tightly around her waist and buried his head in the crook of her neck.

The moment was incredible. Bailey honestly believed she would never see him again. She also knew she could never love anyone the way she loved him. I was so happy for my friends. However, I couldn't deny that I wished this were Ace and me right now. Tears formed in my eyes. Maybe that makes me selfish.

Austin noticed the sad look on my face. Quickly I looked away. I didn't want to give anyone the wrong impression.

Austin stood in front of me. He wiped the tears away. I couldn't help it. I threw my arms around Austin and buried my face in his chest. Austin rubbed my back soothingly.

I sniffled and pulled away. "I'm fine," I breathed.

"Why don't we go inside?" Austin suggested.

I shook my head in response.

"Aria?" Bailey called my name.

Austin and I both turned to look at Benny and Bailey.

"God, I know how hard this must be for you. I'm so sorry," Bailey said sadly. "Thank you, though. Thank you so much for bringing him home to me."