Chapter 15

Sherlock and John were huddled over his laptop, they paid someone a large sum of money to record the footage at the meeting and send it over as fast as possible. They were just about to fall asleep from the dullness of their conversation until they watched Mycroft spring up and scream at all of them in a panicked and truly vulnerable action. They doubled over laughing so hard they couldn't stop and their stomachs hurt. He humiliated them, so they would humiliate him. But they stopped immediately when they saw Mycroft take Anthea into his arms and kiss her passionately. He didn't think he was capable of affection, so they sat there, on the couch, with their mouths hanging down. They gasped when Anthea kissed Mycroft! What the hell! Not only was he capable of love but someone else was capable of loving him? It suddenly turned very serious... was his lack of affection a sham? Were the Holmes' all capable of this act?

" Sherlock...I..."

" I know John. I thought my mind was playing tricks on me, but this is the final jigsaw piece I needed. He loves her."

" Indeed I do brother mine."

They jerked their heads around quickly only to find Mycroft standing by their stairway, leaning on his umbrella, his face pink as a cherry.

" Although I could have realized this without the use of a heavy hallucinogenic."

Sherlock stood up, clearly furious.

" And I could have told others of John and I's relationship without the help of your popular newspaper brother of mine. Because of you, we have lost many clients."

" You have put the entire country in jeopardy."

" It could have been prevented."

" How dare you. You have turned a petty game of payback into myself possibly loosing a negotiation with Croatia."

" You need to learn to handle not getting what you want."

" So do you."

They turned away from each other and huffed.

If Mycroft wasn't so embarrassed he probably would have been a lot angrier.

Mycroft whipped back around.

" And YOU. I expected such immaturity from Sherlock but from YOU John? You should be ashamed you were ever involved In this."

It was a horrible idea to pull in John, who was angry enough. He screamed:

" IMATURE? IMATURE?! HOW ABOUT " SHERLOCK HOLMES ASEXUAL? MORE LIKE HOMOSEXUAL!" ? WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING? DO YOU THINK I WAS GOING TO JUST LET THAT PASS? TAKE ALL THESE CALLS FROM MY FAMILY, THEIR HOMOPHOBIC WORDS OF WISDOM? WHY DON'T I PUBLSH THIS FOOTAGE ON YOUTUBE AND SEE HOW FAST IT SPREADS! TELL ME HOW YOU'RE FEELING THEN!"

The two brothers stood side by side, jaws down to the floor. They had NEVER seen John this angry.

" GET THE HELL OUT OF MY FLAT!"

Mycroft nodded slowly.

" This isn't over."

He immediately turned, jogged down the stairs and ran out the door, into a waiting black car, it looked like he was disappearing into the night.

There was no reason to discuss this with them with John in this emotional state.

After he had left, John collapsed on the couch, his head in his hands.

" John. I am sorry."

John looked up into his deep, watery green eyes.

He smiled a melancholy smile.