Chapter 14

Mycroft briskly walked into his office, wearing his freshly ironed suit and solemn expression. He sat down at his desk and ran his hands through his hair and sighed deeply. He had a very important meeting with very stubborn ambassadors of Croatia, England wanted to use their resources in exchange for helping them safely remove the remaining land mines. Oh how that country frustrated him. Anthea brought in his coffee, and he nodded to her in acknowledgement. He took a sip, while thinking of her. She was cool, calm, and collected just like him. If he was ever forced to be paired with someone it would probably be her. Snap out of it! He thought to himself. You have to convince these fools that you are doing their country a great favor.

He checked his watch, putting his coffee down and walking out the door and Anthea following him.

" Anthea, please record all of my actions this meeting for future reference."

" Yes sir."

He entered the room of 6 other men, one a translator. He sat down, listening to their terms of agreement while Anthea jotted down the conversation on the computer.

After around 45 minutes Mycroft abruptly stood up, his eyes big and dilated.

" WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE?!"

He picked up a chair and threw it across the table, curled into a ball and screamed

" DON'T TOUCH ME!"

He felt a soft hand at his shoulder and he looked up at Anthea's surprised and concerned face.

She was so beautiful.

" Mycroft. You need to calm down."

He abruptly stood up, took her head in his hands and kissed her. Afterwards, she stood in shock as the ambassadors ran from the room. They were NOT trained for a situation like this! She grinned and pulled him to her lips. Then she grabbed his hand leading him out of the room while murmuring in a somber voice

" Come on, let's see what you were drugged with. I know this isn't you."

Anthea dragged him into the medical branch, who put him to sleep with a swift needle. They then found that he had taken LSD.

When Mycroft woke up he couldn't remember anything at all.

Mycroft's Hallucination

Mycroft was listening to the boring drabble of the Croatian ambassadors when he noticed the room start to pulse. He looked around to see if anyone else could feel it as well, but they all seemed normal. He looked at the translator and then stared at the painting on the wall. When he looked back at him his face was the face of a clock and it was melting into puddles at his feet. Mycroft screamed " WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE?!" but his voice echoed and now all of their faces were melting clocks, advancing towards Mycroft. Darkness surrounded them and as they moved closer, so did the darkness. " DON'T TOUCH ME!" The walls were closing in, so he picked up a hammer and threw it in the direction of the clock faces and he curled up in a ball, trying to escape until he felt a hand at his shoulder. " Mycroft, you need to calm down." Her voice was pure velvet. When he looked up, he didn't see a clock face, or Anthea, but an angel, surrounded by a beautiful pale rose aura. She was keeping the darkness away. He loved her. So he kissed her and as he did he felt her light running through his veins, making him light weight and full of her sun. He smiled a smile so big it touched his forehead, at least he thought so. She had these big fluffy white wings and an innocent smile that made his heart break. He turned and saw the clock faces and their toothpick thin arms and legs scattering away like spiders. She had chased them away with her light and purity. He suddenly felt her soft rose lips sending light through his soul, and the entire room became rosy and peaceful. He felt her grab his hand and lead her away, but she was speaking in gibberish, and he became confused. But her eyes had oceans inside and he watched boats fight a heavy storm in the depth of her soul. Then he was being dragged along through melting corridors with clocks everywhere, but he focused on the white light hand that guided him though the nightmare. He was laid down on a sheet of moss and when he looked up he saw one of the clock faces wearing a lab coat and holding a needle the size of his arm. He screamed until he felt everything go black.

When he woke up he couldn't remember anything at all.

Anthea wished he would.