8. 𝔽𝕚𝕟𝕕𝕚𝕟𝕘

❝𝓫𝓸𝓻𝓷 𝓸𝓯 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓷𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓱𝓮𝓻 𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓻𝓽, 𝓸𝓯 𝓭𝓪𝓻𝓴𝓷𝓮𝓼𝓼,𝓮𝓿𝓲𝓵 𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓪𝓻𝓷𝓪𝓽𝓮𝓽𝓸 𝓭𝓪𝓷𝓬𝓮 𝓼𝓸 𝓻𝓮𝓬𝓴𝓵𝓮𝓼𝓼,❞

❝𝓫𝓸𝓻𝓷 𝓸𝓯 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓷𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽
𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓱𝓮𝓻 𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓻𝓽, 𝓸𝓯 𝓭𝓪𝓻𝓴𝓷𝓮𝓼𝓼,
𝓮𝓿𝓲𝓵 𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓪𝓻𝓷𝓪𝓽𝓮
𝓽𝓸 𝓭𝓪𝓷𝓬𝓮 𝓼𝓸 𝓻𝓮𝓬𝓴𝓵𝓮𝓼𝓼,❞

Books upon books littered every flat surface of my bedroom, paper balls were in shoes and paint splattered cups were stacked ontop of each other on the floor beside my desk.

In the very middle of the mess was me of course. Curled up and sobbing, short hair a tangled mess as I pick reality from make-believe, which was hard let me tell you.

"Dot," a soft voice cooed and my voice whined out in response, tired eyes barely opening to look at the halo surrounding the golden haired figures.

"Darling," his voice floats through the air, reaching my ears and I whined out again pathetically.

"My sweet angel, what happened to you?" the southern drawl reached my ears as I felt cold hands gripping my arms to pull me up, safety filling my heart as I relax in his embrace. The events from the past month forgotten as I relax into his arms.

𖠺

"You gotta eat something, Dot," Bella sighed heavily, irritation clear on her face as her pale hands gripped a plate of pancakes. The ghost of the once spunky girl sat on the window seal of Alice and Jasper's room. The couple had added plants to their decor to somehow make their imprint happier. Alice went to the length of adding animal skulls and other dark things Dorothy would usually love.

"I'm not hungry," Dot's voice was as usual emotionless and numb, her gaze sweeping over the Cullen's front yard, watching as Emmett and Edward carried a bench into the house. Esme was probably redecorating. God knows where they put the old decor to.

Bella's departure from the room was only heard with a slamming on the door. Dot barely registered it, feeling as if she was behind a glass watching as the world worked on without her.

"... it was from shock, Jasper, we can't force her to feel again... I know I know we are all worried about her," Carlisle drifted into the room with Jasper fast on his heels, "I contacted her mother, she'll be here soon, Alice went to fetch her."

Dot glanced at them, only gaining attention at the mention of her mother. Her lips formed a thin line of disapproval, the only emotional sign she had shown in a week or so.

𖠺

The scent of Florida's ocean's filled Dorothy's senses and her head instantly perked up. Indigo eyes meet sky blue. Tears welled up into Dot's eyes as she rushed to her mom, emotions turning on like a mental switch in her head.

The memorized hands grasped onto her tightly, cooing soft words of comfort fill the air as Dot struggles to to control her cries, choked gasps escaping her with hiccups.

𖠺

"You promised a forever, not a few months of puppy love," she uttered faintly, blue gaze staring a hole into the floor.

Alice's small frame flinched as if physically hit, golden eyes casted away in shame, fingers opening and closing on the air as her imprint spoke words like dagger straight to her immortal heart.

"And yet.. yet I still care! I still love you both! It's not fair! It's... it's not fair, months of torture and suddenly you appear. Perfectly healthy! Not one single scratch! While I'm standing here with bloody wounds and a broken heart," Dorothy murmured, arms wrapping around herself as her lip trembled back in a harsh snarl.

"It's so stupid of me. So stupid. So idiotic. So naive," she finally lifted her heated gaze onto the figure before her.

"She had to do it. We all had to," Edward chimed in, voice calm with an undertone of anger, bronze eyes narrowed spiteful, "you think they wanted to leave? You think they chose to? We had to. To protect you and Bella. We had to make sacrifices."

Dot rounded on him, anger fuelling her actions without second thought. "Without a fucking goodbye! Just vanish!" Her hands curled into a fist.

A cold iron grip wrapped around her wrist, stopping her fist centimeters from Edward's stone flesh. Her eyes locked with Jasper's, emotions washing with calm.

Slowly he peeled his fingers off her wrist, body ready to spring into action if she tried to hurt herself again.

"He's literally made of stone," he drawled out, voice heavy with sarcasm.

A soft "oh" left her as she nodded, anger now squelched using Jasper's power.

"We have to talk," he continued at the flare of anger in the blue eyes of his love, "calmly and respectfully."

𖠺

Woah what an update?! I know I know I'm shocked too! This chapter was... eh? Sorry for not updating til now. I've had writer's block for so long it's ridiculous! Any suggestions to help get over writer's block??