𝟙. ℕ𝕖𝕨 𝕃𝕚𝕗𝕖

❝𝓛𝓸𝓿𝓮 𝓰𝓸𝓮𝓼 𝓫𝔂 𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓼; 𝓢𝓸𝓶𝓮 𝓒𝓾𝓹𝓲𝓭 𝓴𝓲𝓵𝓵𝓼 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓪𝓻𝓻𝓸𝔀𝓼, 𝓼𝓸𝓶𝓮 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓽𝓻𝓪𝓹𝓼❞

"Do you have your lunch money?"

"Yes, mom"

"What about pencils? Folders?"

"Mom! I'm all good," I chuckle at her rambling, sliding the strap of my bookbag over my head, tugging my wild curls out from it with a faint hiss leaving my throat at the quick sharp pain.

"Okay okay okay," she laughs, brushing my hair out of my face lovingly, kissing my cheek, "off we go!"

I wouldn't describe Forks High as a proper high school, it was basically two huge parking lots that had buildings scattered throughout the land, signs on the corner of each building to mark what class is what.

I drudge through the slush to the office, I was almost there when I heard a loud honk made me turn around and look at the shiny BMW that pulled in, followed by a red convertible and silver Volvo. They looked so out of place compared to the hand-me-down cars that littered the parking lot.

I gaze at the people that step out, five breathtakingly beautiful beings with a rather plain jane trailing behind what most would think the 'handsome' one of the group. From my brief look he had auburn rustic brown locks in a careful array and deep gold eyes. He looked moody as hell though.

I switch my gaze and my breath leaves me as they lock on two of the five. The girl had a wild pixie cut of dark chocolate brown hair, gold eyes like the others, and she just danced her way closer with the grace that ballerinas envy for. The boy had shaggy pale golden locks that reached his chin, his facial expression and how he walked made him look in pain and my heart squeezed at the thought of him in pain.

With a jolt I realized the two were watching me, the girl with a happy expression like she's found someone she's been waiting for and the boy with a cautious but slightly happy look.

I shake my head to clear my thoughts, noticing the others of the group were watching me as well, the one that looked always moody had a bemused expression as if he was sharing an inside joke.

I twirl around, a cough leaving me as I inhale my own hair. My face reddens in embarrassment as I spit it back out of my mouth, my feet quickening against the pavement to reach the door that a kind student was holding open for me.

"Thank you," I smile up at her, stepping into the welcoming warmth.

It was brightly lit with florescent lights, it was a rather large room with orange carpet and cream colored counter that was scattered with bins full of papers. Behind the counter were three desks, one occupied by a red-head woman, she dressed like one of those stuck-up moms but other than that she seemed nice.

"excuse me? Ma'am?" my voice broke the silence and amusement flashes through me as the woman jumps slightly. "yes? how may I help you?"

"I'm Dorothy Turner, I'm new here"

Realization marks her face as she sorts through the scattered piles of documents, "I have a map of the school for you and your schedule," her heels clicked across the floor as she laid the papers in front of me on the counter. She did a brief summary of my classes and how to find them. I had mostly advanced classes since most of my credits are already earned.