3. 𝕓𝕚𝕣𝕥𝕙𝕕𝕒𝕪

❛❛𝓨𝓸𝓾'𝓻𝓮 𝓶𝓲𝓷𝓮, 𝓘 𝓬𝓪𝓷'𝓽 𝓵𝓸𝓸𝓴 𝓪𝔀𝓪𝔂, 𝓘 𝓳𝓾𝓼𝓽 𝓰𝓸𝓽𝓽𝓪 𝓼𝓪𝔂❜❜

"It's her birthday?" I ask Alice quietly, hand gripping her sweater sleeve softly, I was slightly terrified that I would ruin the material but she waved away my worry and said that she rather enjoyed when I was close.

"Yes but she hates it," she answers back in a stage whisper as the gloomy new adult made her way towards us with her boyfriend in tow.

"Happy Birthday, Bella!" Jasper said in his usual calm facade, earning a deadly glare from Bella.

I wince slightly at the look and he glances over at me in concern making me smile softly to show I'm alright as Alice produces a rectangular silver package with a proud smile.

"You'll love it, just wait and see," she chirped as Bella took the present reluctantly.

"Just one year older than Edward," the brunette sighed out and brought me an instant wash of confusion. Wasn't Edward eighteen??

Yeah because Jasper and Alice were both 19, I couldn't be older than him. Well I don't really know for sure what his age was, I was just purely guessing. I'm not exactly close enough to the moody boy to know.

"Technically," Alice continues, keeping her tone light, "just by one year though."

Huh, I guess I was older then. Damn.

I look up when I feel a cool hand on my shoulder, my gaze meeting Jasper's familiar eyes. There was a clear question in them. He constantly worried, it was cute.

"I'm fine, just thinking," I answer quietly to not interrupt the other three people.

"Okay, good, just making sure," he murmurs, leaning down to brush his cold lips across my forehead. I duck my head down as it turns different shades of red.

"Oh, be fair, Bella!" Alice complained, "you aren't going to ruin all our fun like that, are you?"

From the look on the new adult's face yes yes she was wanting to. I mean, a birthday party can't be THAT bad. Just a few candles and cake.

I scowl as Edward chuckles softly before he covers it up at my glare.

"I thought my birthday was about what I want." Yeah if you weren't being kinda mean about it.

"I'll get her from Charlie's right after school," Edward reasons, his attitude suddenly hostile.

"I have to work," Bella protests, her voice small and I knew deep down that she had lost.