𝟚. 𝕍𝕚𝕤𝕚𝕥𝕚𝕟𝕘

❝𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓭𝓪𝓻𝓴𝓷𝓮𝓼𝓼 𝓲𝓼 𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓷𝓮𝔀 𝓴𝓲𝓷𝓰𝓭𝓸𝓶❞

"You did what?" even my voice sounded astonished to my own ears as I tried to comprehend my mom's words. We were in Forks for a few months now- I got surprisingly close to Alice and Jasper in those mere months but what my mom just said was surprising given again we were here only a few months and are living off her art commissions from loyal customers in Florida.

"I got a lease for a small building! For an art studio, it's small but oh so lovely!" she exclaims excitedly making me smile softly at her happiness, "I can't wait for you to see it when it's finished!"

"I can't wait either."

It was a couple hours later when she asked me to go to a store in a small village called La Push or something like that, to grab her some art supplies and whatever I wanted.

Pocketing the money, I pulled my jacket on and grabbed her lanyard and head to her vintage bug. Sliding into the driver seat and turning the car on, sitting a few to let the heater warm up the small compartment before I pull out and continue my journey to the village, following a GPS on my phone.

I enjoy the scenery, peacefully humming along to the soft music playing on the radio. A screech leaves me as I slam my foot down on the brake, the car whining in protest as I watch the black shape disappear into the forest. I rub my temples slowly, taking deep breathes to calm myself.

My shaking hands grip the steering wheel as I start driving once more, finally reaching the actual buildings and pulling into a lot that had a series of different stores. 

I turn off the engine, wiping my eyes and watch as my hands stop shaking. Taking one last deep breath I step out into the cool damp air. My gaze slides across the store fronts til I find the right one and hurry to go inside, my body finally relaxing as I embrace the familiar smell of paint and wood and canvas. 

"How may I help you?" a soft voice greets behind the counter that was overflowing with papers and paint cans.

"I'm here to pick up something for Isabelle Turner?"

The woman disappeared into the back and I took the time to glance round the many shelves, I'll definitely revisit this extraordinary place. I run my fingers down the objects as a small glass figure catches my eye. I pick up the figurine, it was a lady wearing a ballerina tutu and posed as if she was leaping. Alice would love this, I thought.

I was soon searching the shelves for something for Jasper. "Need help?" the woman from before had reappeared with a rather large wooden box. "I'm looking for an item for a boy I know," I answer, searching the rows once more when I find it. It was a beautifully crafted pocket knife, it looked antique honestly and I knew right away he'd love it.

I put my items on the container after grabbing tissues and gift boxes to put them in. "Is that all?" she questions as she rings up the items.

"Yes, ma'am" I pull out the needed amount of cash and wait for my change patiently. "Have a nice day!" I smile, heading out the door.

"you too! Come back anytime!"

By morning I was bursting at the seams to give them their presents, my excitement building as I saw the white puffs falling from the sky.