9. 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕘𝕚𝕧𝕚𝕟𝕘

"We have to talk," he continued at the flare of anger in the blue eyes of his love, "calmly and respectfully."

Dorothy was still searching, but on the floor this time, while she and Jasper were waiting for Alice to return from her whereabouts. Dot was not happy at all, far from it. They had no excuse to leave without saying goodbye.

It was to protect her? Bullshit- utter bullshit. They could of explained why they left- she isn't a child. She can handle reality unlike Bella.

Anger was starting to fill her veins as they waited even longer, every breath like a fiery inferno in her lungs and her face flushed as her anger came to the boiling point.

"Cool it," Jasper whispered warningly as the door opened and Alice came bouncing in as she always did, today it only annoyed Dorothy further instead of fascinating her.

"We're sorry, that we left," Alice started, holding up a pale hand when Dorothy went to argue, "there was no excuse, you were in more danger with us gone than here. I know saying sorry isn't going to fix anything, actions speak louder than words."

Dorothy felt her anger dying, melting into pain that felt like tiny daggers to her heart all the way down to her fingertips, her soul wished to forgive them. So badly but her brain knew she couldn't. Not yet at least.

"Let us make it up to you. Please," Jasper whispers, his voice hesitant and quiet as he feels the heartbreak that his love was feeling.

Dorothy looked away at them both, what did she have to lose to let them try? Maybe her sanity, maybe her heart, probably her soul-

"Okay, okay I'll try to forgive you," Dot mumbles, knowing they'd hear her perfectly clear.

She felt the ghost of a cold touch, on her cheek for barely a second before she walked out the room.

Ready to start a new chapter in her life now, hopefully it has no cheesy heartbreak ending.