6. 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕣𝕖𝕥𝕦𝕣𝕟

❝𝓛𝓲𝓯𝓮 𝓬𝓪𝓷 𝓼𝓮𝓮𝓶 𝓪𝓷 𝓮𝓷𝓭𝓵𝓮𝓼𝓼 𝓶𝓪𝔃𝓮,
𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓽 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓽𝓼 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓷𝓼, 𝓵𝓾𝓵𝓵𝓼 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓭𝓮𝓵𝓪𝔂𝓼❞

It's been a month since I've seen Jasper, maybe I imagined it from many sleepless nights.

A soft sigh leaves me as I look at the girl in the mirror. My long curly hair now in a short bob. My finger trails down the scar on my neck from her scissors. Why had I been so weak? Unable to stop her attack .

I force a smile as I clip my choker on and grab my bookbag, slinging it onto my back with a wince as the weight causes the ache in my shoulder to flare up.

"You sure you want to go? It's been only a few weeks and you're barely healed," mom's singing voice appears as she enters my room.

"I'm sure," I lie, giving her a smile and I know she didn't believe me as she gave me a sad smile and nodded her head, fixing my lopsided beanie.

"Let's defeat the lion together then"

I was already forming a full headache by the time lunch came around. "You sure you're okay?" Mike's always helpful voice speaks up as he holds my tray for me as I grab a cup of fruit.

"Just a headache, I'll survive," I groan, grimacing as I duck my head to shield my eyes from the strong LED lights.

He gives a soft sigh of worry before loading my tray with food himself after seeing I wasn't really grabbing food.

I give Mike a small smile as he pays for my food, my gaze sweeping across the room before settling on one table.

The table that was unoccupied for months.

The table that is now occupied once again by its usual students.

The Cullen table.

Anger flashed through me in less then a second as I gaze at the two once important people in my life. The betrayers. The heartbreakers.

I look at the small smile that starts to stretch across her perfect face that soon vanished at the clear pain flashed across my face.

"Dot, we can eat somewhere else if needed," Mike whispers, a reassuring hand on my elbow. I shake my head and walk to my now normal seating arrangement.

I notice dully that Bella was with the Cullens. Envy swirled within my mixture of emotions before I pushed it away. How could she forgive them so fast??

They left us both, to seek out our own comfort and heal from our own heartbreak. Bella had Jacob Black, her childhood best friend. I had no one.

I barely notice as I eat, everything passing around me in a blur. The food slowly disappearing as the hour came to an end.

"Here, you need to stay hydrated," Eric's voice speaks up, breaking me out of thoughts. I nod in thanks as I take the water bottle from him. The cold remembering me of her hand and I quickly shook the thoughts away.

"Bella, they were gone for months without a word," I huff, my face red from diving for the ball, "I'm not forgiving them so easily."

"Please just let them explain themselves then you'll understand," the girl begs, brunette hair in a ponytail as she gets out of her PE clothes.

"We'll see," I give in, slipping my bookbag straps on and stepping into the slightly loud gym.

I slipped in easily to the huzzling students, speedwalking for the parking lot, my gaze locked on the familiar vintage bug before something silver blocks my eyesight.

I blink rapidly and focus on the Volvo and the occupants inhabiting it.

"Dotty," his southern accent made me want to melt and I almost did I'd have to admit til I remembered all of the pain I went through.

"Jasper," my voice sounded cold to my own ears and I cringed inside as I saw the hurt in his golden eyes.

"Please let us explain" Alice's soft voice speaks up, her hands reaching out for me.

"No! You can't just leave for months and expect me to let you back in with open arms!" I yell, backing away from the car, my eyes wide with fear as my breathing picked up.

Fear was immediately replaced with calm and I relaxed completely, "Please just give me time, you have to understand how I felt."