Chapter Nineteen

The Police searched everywhere for any trace of Charles, but after a few hours it was confirmed he had boarded a flight to Florida, although when notified of this, the staff on board could not find him anywhere on the plane.

This was worrying news, but Sherlock, Sophie and Mrs Hudson where too relieved that it was all over. The good news was that Mrs Hudson had stopped letting Sophie's apartment and said that she could live there free of charge, but in the meantime the distraught landlady busied herself in time-consuming activities in an attempt to hide her tears. Understandably, she had been devastated by her husband's betrayal and it would be a while before she recovered.

Sherlock returned Mycroft's laptop and delighted in telling his brother of how he had outwitted the infamous kidnapper, although Mycroft still believed that Sherlock had stolen the laptop and they exchanged nothing but icy glares for a few days until they found something else to argue about.

With her new living arrangements, Sophie was definitely less stressed, and her performance in college started to mimic her true intelligence. While she was still shocked about her uncle's true identity, she was more concerned with helping her aunt, Mrs Hudson.

But I know what the real question you want me to answer is... did Sherlock and Sophie "become a thing"?

Sherlock had absolutely no idea what Sophie was really implying when she nervously asked him if he wanted to "go out". He replied with, "Where did you have in mind?" After a few minutes of careful explanation, he finally got the jist of things, and he agreed.

Little did he know that he was turning over a new chapter in his life, one that the world would one day forget...

TO BE CONTINUED.

Author's Note:

Tada!!! It's been a while, but I've finally finished my second ever book!!! And I'm going to write another!!

Young Sherlock will return soon in the form of Book Two, A Study In Love. We will finally meet Sally Donovan and Greg Lestrade, as well as new character Megan Duchannes. Watch this space!!

Thank you to Sophie for your support; I hope you liked it and it lived up to your expectations! This book would not have been finished by now if it wasn't for you.

Merry Christmas everyone!!! :D :D

***UPDATE! Young Sherlock is back! I have started posting A Study In Love so please check it out and let me know what you think! Also, let me know what you think of the new covers!***

- Lucy, 2014